Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

SHR

Post by SHR »

Great script! :)

I used it very often.
Especially when I change a lot in the scripts, plugins, etc. it is extremly useful. But in this case I sometimes need more than one backup :oops: and I always have to change the backupname by hand. :-?
So what about adding a placeholder like e.g. %DATE%%TIME% for Date/Time in backupnames?
Or/and an option to keep last x backups?
This way I can use the auto-backup without moving the previous backup to a different location.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thank you for your suggestions, I'll look at implementing these in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.6) is now available from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed output folder not emptied before creating new backup
- Added date and time fields to output locations

The date and time fields available are: <Y>ear, <M>onth, <D>ay, <H>our, Mi<N>ute, <S>econd.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Hmmm ....... got this error:

Last edited by Vyper on Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Hey Trixmoto, thanks for 3.6 update.
I know what your trying to introduce with "Fixed output folder not emptied before creating new backup" but I think there is a problem with this.

If I choose not to do a new backup of plugins, scripts and skins folders, because I know nothing has changed, and I de-select these, they are deleted by the backup cleaning out the target folder, this is not good.

Best result - if possible - would be only folders selected for Backup, be cleaned out before being written to, so leaving other folders not selected intact and as part of the restore script.

I am very happy to see you found time to fit in a new version of backup, my absolute "must have" script and hope you can realise a way around this new problem.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@vyper - I'll try to get this fixed soon.

@paulmt - If you want to change your backup options, but keep your previous backup, then you should change your backup location.

Post by Guest »

I also get t he same error as vyper
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.7) is now available to download from my website. Although I haven't managed to replicate the bug you mention, I think I've fixed it. You'll have to let me know! :)
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Now I get this:

Would it be difficult to add a browse button for the output path?

:)
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I get the same error (and have for the last couple versions).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I still can't replicate this, but I'll take a look. What's your output folder?
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

It's a backup folder I created in My Documents. Not sure exactly what you're asking.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Worse yet, it deleted most of my backup files for all my scripts. :(

Here's my folder before running the backup:

Here's the same folder after running the backup and getting the error:

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The backup script removes all files from the output folder before it fills it again. This means that if you remove a script for example, it is removed from your backup as well.

:o Please do not put any other files in the output folder as they will not be kept! :o

@Vyper - I'd recommend putting a folder inside your MediaMonkey backup folder called "Auto" (or something) and use this as the scripts output folder. Apologies for deleting some of your backup files!