Page 2 of 6
Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010
Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:25 pm
by MusicBringer
oh dear I am not getting on very well with this script
I have run MixMeister BPM thingy over quite a few artists - and Rescanned those in MM - and the BPMs show alright in MM.
I have installed the script and it shows in my Tools?Extension list.
Now where do I find the drop down list.
I can see nothing added to Tools>Options>Player>Auto-DJ.
Auto-DJ is enabled.
Play>Auto-DJ is ticked.
Where am I going wrong.
[Running as Administrator in Win7x64]
Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:53 am
by trixmoto
Well you're on the right panel and as far as I remember there only is one dropdown list.
Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:06 am
by MusicBringer
Alright I found it now thanks trixmoto
The trouble is this wretched HUGE FONTS issue which is so tiresome yet very few people understand the anguish it causes.
This is a prime example; the drop down list did not display in way that it could be read, so I failed to see the AutoDJ entry - right at the bottom

.
I have set the tolerance to 150 yet the now playing list shows tracks of merely 73 or 85 BPMs.
I have never made any filters.
I have spent a lot of time on this but as yet fail to see any benefit to me

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:21 pm
by trixmoto
Well if the tolerance is set that high then it would be just choosing any track randomly, I'd recommend setting it much much lower.
Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:50 pm
by MusicBringer
Hello trixmoto, I have been playing with this BPM malarky over the past couple of days.
Firstly I have had to run that MixMeister thingy across all my library- and that is taking forever; I have started leaving it running over night now. Still not finished.
Interesting early results are that my lowest readings (65-75) are coming from the 1972 Bowie LP: The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars. Whereas it is not reporting anything over 200BPM. (Why?) And I can see no real pattern of Artist nor Genres at this level.
And I think I am getting the hang of this Tolerance business now. Following your suggestion I have set it to just 3 and I can now see future tracks at the same BPM as the track playing.
When
I select a track to play the Auto-DJ then picks tracks at the same BPM as the new track. Clever stuff.
I am no HipHop-DJ but I do make what were always called "mix tapes" and I think this will help in programming the play order in future. Thanks for your help.

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:30 pm
by trixmoto
Well my guess the reason you're not getting anything over 200 BPM is because this is pretty fast, unless you're a big speedcore or gabber music fan. Sometimes the results are wrong by a factor, like twice as fast or twice as slow - this is caused by different time signatures. As the music itself needs to be analysed to count the beats, it will take time to do this.
Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:34 pm
by MusicBringer
Bex wrote:Mixshare's Rapid Evolution claims to detect BPM, and it works on FLAC as well:
I haven't tested it yet though.
Hello Bex, Wow this 5yr old software is messy to use. I read and re-read their site instructions but it just didn't want to know. Un-installed it now. Nice idea but sorry to say no good, well, no good to me.
So what program do we use to assign BPM to FLAC files, please.
Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:49 pm
by Bex
Yeah, I couldn't get it to work either....
It's the only program I found that claims it can scan FLAC files for BPM.
Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:56 am
by MusicBringer
Thanks for trying Bex

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:55 pm
by MusicBringer
trixmoto, I am beginning to get on with this now.
Surprising how once it gets going you tend to hear similar style songs following each other. Neat.
One little tweak I would like please. Any chance you can tell the script not to play tracks that have been played before. Thanks

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:30 am
by trixmoto
I should be able to include it in the sort order so that it selects unplayed tracks over played tracks.
Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:19 am
by MusicBringer
Sounds good to me.
I'll await your update.
Thanks trixmoto

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.1 - Updated 01/05/2010
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:17 pm
by trixmoto
New version (1.1) is now available to download from my website. I have fixed the selection algorithm so that it favours unplayed tracks.
Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.1 - Updated 01/05/2010
Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:54 am
by MusicBringer
Ah!
I have only just spotted this.
Thanks trixmoto .
Works a treat
Beats me how you can do it. Beats. Geddit. Oh Nevermind, ha ha.

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.1 - Updated 01/05/2010
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:43 pm
by Lowlander
Hey, Trixmoto, good script. I'd like to request the ability to also choose Auto-Playlists instead of just Filters.