How to sync deleted files I've deleted on device with MMA?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Irena

How to sync deleted files I've deleted on device with MMA?

Post by Irena »

Pretty simple, I want to delete files on my phone with MMA Pro and I want that file to get deleted in my PC library via wifi-sync. Is that possible? So far I managed to get it work the other way around, but I want to delete files on the go when I listen outside and not bother with it anymore on PC, for me it's a wase of time.
PS: I hardly got it to sync via wifi, please use language for dummies.
Thank you!
Lowlander

Re: How to sync deleted files I've deleted on device with MMA?

Post by Lowlander »

No, this is not possible. Sync can't delete from the PC.
1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

I can see that I am not the only one who wants to delete songs on the tablet, for example. I'm sitting on the sofa, listening to music on the tablet and want to delete songs, which will then also be deleted on the PC.
WiFi Syncing
MM Gold 5.1.0.2813 auf Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit "portable Installation"
MM Android 2.0.0.1099 Pro auf folgenden Geräten

Samsung S23 Ultra / Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
BroncoKrawler

Post by BroncoKrawler »

Always thought it was crazy that you couldn't delete from server on sync once deleted on device.
Peke

Post by Peke »

BroncoKrawler wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:19 pm Always thought it was crazy that you couldn't delete from server on sync once deleted on device.
Irena wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:38 am Pretty simple, I want to delete files on my phone with MMA Pro and I want that file to get deleted in my PC library via wifi-sync. Is that possible? So far I managed to get it work the other way around, but I want to delete files on the go when I listen outside and not bother with it anymore on PC, for me it's a wase of time.
PS: I hardly got it to sync via wifi, please use language for dummies.
Thank you!
As explained number of times it sounds OK when you use MM on one device and use that device to remotely manage library, but if you Sync 8+ devices (like me) from same MM5 there is 7/8 chance you will delete track that someone would like to listen. It is simply not possible by design.

Only way that this can be archived is to allow devices to directly manage MM5 library remotely and initiate Delete directly on MM5. That feature needs to be treated carefully and permissions woudl need to be enforced so that Admin can do delete and users can't.

Sorry, but for now it is safer to not allow deletion on sync.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts