problems exporting music to ipod classic - "no music found"

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

robhere

Re: problems exporting music to ipod classic - "no music found"

Post by robhere »

Hello thanks for the Post.
I am having the same issue and followed the setting laid out here. when i try to install the updated plug in i get an error - "problem with coping file c:\program files (x86)\media monkey\plugins\d_iphone.dll to c:\programfiles (x86) mediamonkey\plugins\org.d_iphone.dll"
I can only choose Ignore a few times then it say it is successful but still has the same no files listed but when you browse from explorer they are there.

this is something that had happened in the past occasionally and a itunes reload of the device OS and resync in MM would fix it. But now it is ever time
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The iPhone plugin fixes Sync with iOS15 devices. You need the iPod plugin to fix the no music problem on iPods.

You can remove d_iphone.dll and org.d_iphone.dll and then install the plugin again. That should work (same goes for the d_ipod.dll's if you run into the same issue).
robhere

Post by robhere »

Thank You Thank You Thank You!
Ultimately the install failed because when you click the installer it opens MM and wants to delete those files and cannot because MM is open. I extracted the files from the installer and manually deleted them and dropped the new ones in. :D
dud999

Post by dud999 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:37 pm The iPhone plugin fixes Sync with iOS15 devices. You need the iPod plugin to fix the no music problem on iPods.

You can remove d_iphone.dll and org.d_iphone.dll and then install the plugin again. That should work (same goes for the d_ipod.dll's if you run into the same issue).
I downloaed the iPod Sync Plugin 12.12.2 and get an error when I try to install it from within Media Monkey. "Problem with copying the file C:Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Plugins\d_iPod.dll to C:Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Plugins\d_iPod.dll"
dud999

Post by dud999 »

dud999 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:37 pm
Lowlander wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:37 pm The iPhone plugin fixes Sync with iOS15 devices. You need the iPod plugin to fix the no music problem on iPods.

I downloaed the iPod Sync Plugin 12.12.2 and get an error when I try to install it from within Media Monkey. "Problem with copying the file C:Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Plugins\d_iPod.dll to C:Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Plugins\d_iPod.dll"
Edit: After getting that error, I clicked Cancel on the installer and MM told me it had installed successfully. That's odd. I restarted MM but the problem still persists. Safely ejecting my ipod classic still results in "No Music Found".

Has there been a recent change in MM to break it's ability to work with ipods? As recently as a few months ago, it was working fine.

Note that I am using an ipod classic, not an iPod Touch, so I don't need the iPhone Sync Plug-in 15.0 plugin.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Remove d_ipod.dll and org.d_ipod.dll and then install the plugin again, it may not have installed successfully.

No, MediaMonkey didn't break sync with iPod/iPhone, the changes were on Apple's side. The updated plugins fix this for MediaMonkey 4, and MediaMonkey 5.0.2 has the fixes included.
dud999

Post by dud999 »

what about the d_iPod.dll file in that same Plugins folder, since my issue is with an ipod classic, not an iphone?

I did remove the d_iphone.dll file but didn't find the org.d_iphone.dll file. I tried the installation again and got the same results as I mentioned above - that "Problem with copying file" error message followed by the indication that it installed. I restarted MM, it recognized my ipod, saw the music files on it, but when I safely eject I still see "No music" on the ipod.

I don't have itunes on my computer, and haven't needed it before, and hope that I don't need to install it. I did install Quicktime due to an issue with MM not recognizing mp4 audio book files.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, both d_ipod.dll and org.d_ipod.dll and then reinstall the plugin.
dud999

Post by dud999 »

Your reply and my edit might have crossed. See above - still in the same status as when I posted, not able to have the music recognized when I eject my ipod. Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you update with: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... nc-plugin/

iTunes is not needed for non-iOS devices (which is the case for most iPods other than iPod Touch).
dud999

Post by dud999 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:12 pm Did you update with: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... nc-plugin/

iTunes is not needed for non-iOS devices (which is the case for most iPods other than iPod Touch).
Yes I did, and that is the file that I described the issues with installing in my post. MM is still encountering the same issue.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, so the question is, did you try reinstalling it, this time without any errors? I'm not sure if you actually updated the plugin, due to the error on install.
dud999

Post by dud999 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:50 pm Yes, so the question is, did you try reinstalling it, this time without any errors? I'm not sure if you actually updated the plugin, due to the error on install.
I encountered the same error upon installation as I did before, even after having deleted the d_ipod.dll file. There was no org.d_ipod.dll file on my system so I wasn't able to delete that.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

After updating the plugin, did you Sync again with MediaMonkey? If that failed, you may need to reset the device in iTunes.
dud999

Post by dud999 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:30 pm After updating the plugin, did you Sync again with MediaMonkey? If that failed, you may need to reset the device in iTunes.
You mean auto sync? No, I have the songs I already wanted to put on my ipod already on there, and didn't want to remove them. I did do the Rebuild the database feature, hoping that would help.

iTunes? I haven't ever had iTunes on this comptuer that I am using and haven't used it in over a decade. The ipod classic and nano that I am using haven't been used in iTunes either. I don't want to install that software on my computer if I can avoid doing so. MM is the only app I've used with these two ipod in probably a decade or so, and both have worked great until this recent issue.

Also now when I plug it in, MM displays it just as USB, no longer as my ipod (which I named using my first name, which MM would remember). So it seems to view it just as a generic storage device now?