MM sees files the iPod/iTunes can't

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Ludek

Re: MM sees files the iPod/iTunes can't

Post by Ludek »

So are you telling that even after installing this plugin https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... nc-plugin/
syncing with MM4 still corrupts the iPod database causing the ipon seeing No music and iTunes reports the device as corrupted?

Could you download the debug build of the last stable MM5 version, i.e. this one:
https://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/MediaMon ... _Debug.exe
install it as portable and try to sync a single file to the iPod to see whether the issue persists?

If it persists then please generate debug log with DbgView started prior to MM5 start and attach the log to eSupport ticket, see item 4B) here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

Thanks!
iccohen1

Post by iccohen1 »

Ludek-

First, a "shout out" to you and your team for helping me out here.

Here's what I did:

1. I uninstalled the previous MM5 I had downloaded (5.0.2.2531, not the debug edition)
2. Installed 5.0.2.2531 Debug as Portable per your notes
3. Synced one song, then closed MM5 and opened iTunes 12.2.2.25 (I had previously uninstalled the latest version 12.12 as Peke had noted it broke links to 3rd party apps)
4. Not just the one song, but ALL of my songs are now displaying in iTunes!!!
5. Disconnected iPod and confirmed all the songs are available

I don't know what happened; maybe doing the one song sync here fixed it by recognizing the iPod plug-in?

Also, since I installed it as portable, I'm guessing it means I have to install it again, but not as Portable?

Cheers,

-Steve
iccohen1

Post by iccohen1 »

I also noticed that when I used MM4 to do a quick edit, the "No Music" message displayed on the iPod after disconnecting. When I went back to the MM5 Portable and synced another song, the music re-appeared in the iPod. I clearly need to uninstall MM4.
Femme_Fatale

Post by Femme_Fatale »

I get a similar issue with my iPod classic, but iTunes is not in consideration here. What happens is that whenever I connect my iPod to MM4 on Win10, MM can see all the music, but disconnecting in *any* way makes the iPod not able to see said music. However, when I connect my iPod to my laptop with Win7 on it, open up MM4 add in a song to the iPod and then delete said song ... the iPod will now see all my music after any sort of disconnect. No other method fixes the iPod.
iccohen1

Post by iccohen1 »

I’m wondering if have to select songs, right-click, and choose the sync to iPod selection. I’m going to try and see if that will send the album art across. More importantly I would upgrade to MM5 cos it has the add-ins in MM4 as part of its core.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you install the updated Addon, it's required to fix the no music after sync problem.
iccohen1

Post by iccohen1 »

I reverted to an earlier version of iTunes, and was told by a MM rep that the addon is already included in MM5, so there's no need to add it.