[REQ] Add Selected tab to Lyrics Panel

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

PhilMonkey

[REQ] Add Selected tab to Lyrics Panel

Post by PhilMonkey »

Hi,

I couldn't see this bug already reported. In MM 5.0.2.2531, I have the Lyrics and the Art tabs visible. The lyrics display as an overlay over the art image as in previous versions. But the lyrics window displays 'Lyrics not found'.

Shouldn't the lyrics be displayed in the Lyrics window in this case? Or be configurable?

In this particular instance these were lyrics I looked up the from inside MediaMonkey (Also in 5.0.2.2531). When I did, they were displayed in the lyrics window. Next time opening MediaMonkey, the lyrics are back displaying over the image Art and the Lyrics window displays 'Lyrics not found'.

Related Image is here if helpful: https://pasteboard.co/gyQbeH5JtL80.png
Lowlander

Re: Lyrics display in MM 5.0.2.2531

Post by Lowlander »

The Preview panel is set to Selected (instead of Playing), whereas Lyrics would display for the playing file. From the screenshot it can't be seen if the selected and playing file are the same.
PhilMonkey

Post by PhilMonkey »

Hi Lowlander,

Yes, you are right. My mistake. The selected file was different from the playing file! The lyrics panel correctly shows the lyrics when playing.

In that case, could we not have the lyrics panel work the same way as the art panel. I would rather see the art without the lyrics overlay and just see the lyrics for either the selected or playing item in the same way. Just a thought.

Thanks - Phil :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If I got you correctly you would like to have Playing and Selected have different custom settings?

Have you tried playing mode where you can set Album art and Lyrics separately?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, the request is to have the Playing/Selected tab available in the Lyrics panel so that it can be set to display the Lyrics of the selected file (instead of always displaying it of the Playing file).