Incorrect Tab Order in File Properties Dialog [#18767]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

PhilCode

Incorrect Tab Order in File Properties Dialog [#18767]

Post by PhilCode »

Hi,

In the the File Properties Dialog, Custom Tab, when you tab from textbox to textbox it tabs across the rows rather than down the columns. Meaning the tab order is:

Custom 1:
Custom 6:
Custom 2:
Custom 7:
Custom 3:
Custom 8:
Custom 4:
Custom 9:
Custom 5:
Custom 10:

...rather than numerical order. Perhaps either change the tab order, or the ordering of fields as per MM4. Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Incorrect Tab Order in File Properties Dialog

Post by Lowlander »

Tab order is consistent with the left to right flow in the Properties dialog Basic tab. I also wouldn't want to change the order of fields due to muscle memory. Let's see what others prefer.
PhilCode

Post by PhilCode »

Hi,

I would argue that the Properties dialog Basic tab is also not in the 'right' order. It is also also different to how it was in MM4. In MM4 it went down the columns in that version too. It makes sense to go through the primary fields first.

MM4:
Title, Artist, Album, Album Artist, Composer.

Now:
Title, Rating, Artist, Genre, Album, Disc, Track, Album Artist.

I've used MM for years, and my Media Monkey Muscle Memory (MMMM for short!) is stuck to the previous tab order, and makes entering the key information so much easier.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,

You are sort of right. My tests today would agree with you even more logically (most of apps do that way) is to behave like MM5 added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18767
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Re: Incorrect Tab Order in File Properties Dialog [#18767]

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 4 does the same here, Title > Rating > Artist > Genre, ie. left to right movement.
PhilCode

Re: Incorrect Tab Order in File Properties Dialog [#18767]

Post by PhilCode »

Hi,

Thank you both for your replies and thoughts in this discussion! Again, apologies as Lowlander is right that the tab order is indeed horizontal for the Basic Tab in MM4 (perhaps it wasn't always the way). Bizarrely the tab order for the Classification tab goes vertically in columns in MM4 (2 columns). In MM5 there is no second column so that is no longer true! I usually prefer horizontal tabbing in applications, but in MM the vertical tab order does seem to fit the flow better due to the ordering of key fields.

But hey, that's obviously up to the developers/QA. Just wanted to thank you both for being so responsive to my comments. :)