Font sizes

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Rob_S

Font sizes

Post by Rob_S »

One thing I still find "Awful" about MM5 is the huge font size, on a laptop screen 1920x1080 MM4 would display 48 lines in the Main centre window, whereas MM5 only displays 26 lines, etc. Also, and maybe more particularly, I have to scroll sideways to see some of the columns much more often.

Is this entirely controlled by the "skin" developers, or is it something fixed by MM5 itself? Am I missing a setting or a skin that could give me a smaller yet readable font size?

If not, then I would like to request the ability to choose a smaller font size.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Re: Font sizes

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, it's controlled in the Skin and Material Design allows you to choose: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... g_the_Skin
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

So, for the moment, code monkey compact is the one that works best for me.

It is quite time consuming to try these, as it seems to take forever to restart when the setting is changed, and then it re-scans the entire database, which is surprisingly fast.

Anyway, I have yet to discover if there are other downloadable skins available at this time. If anyone knows of one that is very compact, please let me know
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Of course it's a matter of taste:
For me I changed the font to "Arial" in the "skin_base_add".
body {
font-family: Arial, Consolas, sans-serif;
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

For some reason, code monkey compact was removed from the latest 5.03 update??

This was the most compact version I could find, so I re-installed it. Is there any reason to suspect it might not work properly with the latest update?
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Latest version: CodeMonkey3.0.58 will now be reinstalled under "%appdata%" in the MediaMonkey5 folder.
That's where it belongs. (like in MM4)

As well as Dr_Sol_s_Perpetual 4.0.878
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

What I meant was, upon installation of the new update, it was gone from my "options, skins." so I was wondering why it was removed.

I think you are telling me it is not part of the core installation, and thus needs to be re-installed, at which time it will be placed in the user folder???

Thus again, I wonder why there is not a core installed skin that provides smaller fonts? The "Material design" using small still gives me far fewer lines in the main window than we had in MM4.