Question about Add/Rescan Files Option

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Bespin1138

Question about Add/Rescan Files Option

Post by Bespin1138 »

My question is out of curiosity. I use dBpoweramp to rip my CDs to FLAC and apply ReplayGain during the rip. I also use dBpoweramp to convert my FLAC songs to M4A (AAC) with ReplayGain applied during the conversion process. I use Media Monkey 4 to import my FLAC and M4A songs, create playlists, and transfer the songs and playlists to my MP3 player. Based on my research, my understanding is if I imported a song without ReplayGain (listed as Track Volume and Album Volume in Media Monkey) into a media player on Windows or its playlist, but applied Replaygain to the song or album later (in this case with dBpoweramp), I would not have to re-import the playlist. My question is if I imported a song or album without ReplayGain into Media Monkey and added it to a playlist, but applied ReplayGain to the song or album later with dBpoweramp, but kept the file and folder location the same, would Media Monkey apply the ReplayGain (Album Volume and Track Volume) properties to the song, album, and associated playlist with the Add/Rescan files option if the Add/Rescan option is applied either automatically or manually?

Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Question about Add/Rescan Files Option

Post by Lowlander »

When you change tags on a file outside of MediaMonkey you need to rescan the file in MediaMonkey. This rescanning is controlled by 2 options: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... cans_Files

Update file info from tags when rescanning files needs to be enabled. The Only for files with changed timestamp or size is recommended to be enabled (makes scanning faster) as long as the other application changes the Date Modified when editing tags.