Auto-increment track #s feature doesn't work for multi-disc collections

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

MarcLister

Auto-increment track #s feature doesn't work for multi-disc collections

Post by MarcLister »

I've noticed that if I have an album that has more than 1 disc that the Auto increment track #s doesn't understand that there's more than one disc and instead of numbering the first disc's tracks from 1 to x and then the first track from the next disc as 1 and so on. I've just tried it and the second disc's tracks were numbered as if carrying on from the first disc.

The first disc has 7 tracks and the second one has 6 tracks for 13 in all. The first track of the second disc was numbered 8 and not 1. I'm sure I remember that the plugin for MM4 could see where a track started from another disc and number it 1 accordingly.

Can this be fixed in MM5? I don't want a multi-disc collection of tracks to be numbered for how many tracks there are on the album as a whole but to be numbered from 1 to x for each individual disc within the album.

I should point out I'm using 5.03.2617, i.e. the beta released earlier this evening.
yarguy

Re: Auto-increment track #s feature doesn't work for multi-disc collections

Post by yarguy »

Works just fine if you renumber each disc individually (not a major imposition as renumbering is almost instantaneous). You also need to be sure that the disc number is filled in properly for sorting by track number to work.
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

Yep, I know that and have been doing that, one disc at a time. I use the disc number to differentiate already. It's just annoying that in MM4 I could select all the tracks in a multi-disc collection and the numbering would be reset to start from 1 at the beginning of each new disc. It'd be nice if this feature can be introduced into MM5 so save a bit of time.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Script works on selected tracks and increase Track number from 1st to last selected track.

If you want to correctly have that then you first need to Add Disk# and use that as Sort criteria prior to Track # that would allow you Select only Disk 1 and use script and then select Disk 2 and use script.

Here is example how it looks if Disk # is correctly set
Example Compilation CDs are tagged based on info from https://musicbrainz.org/release/dcc63f7 ... 45ea8cfcf4

That said, My best guess would be that you should Correct Album name+Album artist (Various) and select all tracks -> Auto -tag as that would correct Track titles, Album, Track# and much more, rather than just use manual straight forward Selected Track # increase script.

But again I am maybe wrong and apologize if that is true.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke

Post by Peke »

MarcLister wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:39 pm Yep, I know that and have been doing that, one disc at a time. I use the disc number to differentiate already. It's just annoying that in MM4 I could select all the tracks in a multi-disc collection and the numbering would be reset to start from 1 at the beginning of each new disc. It'd be nice if this feature can be introduced into MM5 so save a bit of time.
Just tested both MM4 and MM5 on same two CDs with Auto increase script and if all tracks from both CDs are selected script numbered then 1-36 and not CD1 1-18 and CD2 1-18. Are you sure that you used same script eg. MM4: Tools -> Scripts -> Auto Increase, MM5: Right click -> Edit Tags -> Auto Increase?
Best regards,
Peke
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

Peke wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:52 pm
MarcLister wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:39 pm Yep, I know that and have been doing that, one disc at a time. I use the disc number to differentiate already. It's just annoying that in MM4 I could select all the tracks in a multi-disc collection and the numbering would be reset to start from 1 at the beginning of each new disc. It'd be nice if this feature can be introduced into MM5 so save a bit of time.
Just tested both MM4 and MM5 on same two CDs with Auto increase script and if all tracks from both CDs are selected script numbered then 1-36 and not CD1 1-18 and CD2 1-18. Are you sure that you used same script eg. MM4: Tools -> Scripts -> Auto Increase, MM5: Right click -> Edit Tags -> Auto Increase?
Hi peke.

Yes I have the Disc number all set. I use EAC and get the titles of the tracks exactly as I want them but I can't get the tracks to be 1, 2, 3 instead of 01, 02 and 03 etc. So really I only need to get the first 9 tracks of any disc sorted as obviously 10, 11, 12 etc are in the right format.

I can't remember the name of the script I used in MM4. I thought it was an add-on I'd installed but perhaps it was a built-in feature. Either way I remember the MM4 one respecting the change in disc and numbering from 1 onwards for each new disc.
Peke

Post by Peke »

MarcLister wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:27 am I can't remember the name of the script I used in MM4. I thought it was an add-on I'd installed but perhaps it was a built-in feature. Either way I remember the MM4 one respecting the change in disc and numbering from 1 onwards for each new disc.
If you find which one, maybe it can be ported to MM5. But the more I think It is more separate like Sort Multi Disk tracks, Auto-tag come handy for now.
Best regards,
Peke
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Addon is a simple tool to do a sequence of numbers to selected files. It's not designed to do track numbers for Albums, but to quickly add an order of track numbers to selected files. This is also why you can start at a higher than 1 track number.
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

Sorry for the delay. I just installed MM4 this evening and have found the script I used. It appears as 'Case and Leading Zero Checker' in MM4, can be activated with the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl+E and the filename of the script is CaseModify 1.4.2.mmip.

This is the link to the original thread for the MM4 plugin, https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14822.

I ran the plugin on a 2 CD album and highlighted them all. It respected the different CDs and didn't make the first track of the second CD follow on from the previous track. i.e. it didn't make the first track of the second CD be track 32 but instead track 1.
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

Hello,

Did you see my update?

Thanks,

Marc
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes I did, I tried to contact BEX and waiting answer, as that Script needs to be ported to MM5. It is more complex version of native script we provide.
Best regards,
Peke
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

Fantastic. Thanks.
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

Peke wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:51 pm Hi,
Yes I did, I tried to contact BEX and waiting answer, as that Script needs to be ported to MM5. It is more complex version of native script we provide.
Did you get an answer about this? Would love to have this in MM5.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
He doesn't have time to update it to MM5 :(
Best regards,
Peke
MarcLister

Post by MarcLister »

Peke wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:45 am Hi,
He doesn't have time to update it to MM5 :(
Was that a recent statement from the developer? If so is there any way that the functions of the extension can be added to a future MM build? It is really useful to have.