how do you organize your music on MMA?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

katatonik76

how do you organize your music on MMA?

Post by katatonik76 »

Hi guys.
I wanted to understand for a while all of you who use the app on your phone how you organize your music collection through synchronization (wi-fi or not).
Especially for those of you who own a NAS (I have everything on a sinology) and those of you who synchronize both folders and even playlists.
I would also like to know how you manage the "automatisms". Let me explain: let's synchronize a playlist with MMA; then when I add songs to this playlist, does the synchronization immediately recognize the new songs and synchronize them or do you have to "force" a "rescan files in the library" on MMW?

Thank you all

PS: I sync with a samsung S10 using SDCard
Lowlander

Re: how do you organize your music on MMA?

Post by Lowlander »

You can use Auto-Sync and it will update Playlists on Sync. So any changes you make in MediaMonkey for Windows, will then be Synced to your device.

The actual organization of files doesn't matter too much. I'd recommend keeping files from an Album in separate Album folders, especially if you're using external Artwork. I use the following Mask for Sync:

Code: Select all

<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track #:2> $Left(<Artist>,20) - <Title>
katatonik76

Post by katatonik76 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:56 am You can use Auto-Sync and it will update Playlists on Sync. So any changes you make in MediaMonkey for Windows, will then be Synced to your device.

The actual organization of files doesn't matter too much. I'd recommend keeping files from an Album in separate Album folders, especially if you're using external Artwork. I use the following Mask for Sync:

Code: Select all

<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track #:2> $Left(<Artist>,20) - <Title>
hi!
in what sense "especially if you're using external Artwork." ? I didn't understand exactly.
I use this mask "\ Mediamonkey \ SynchMMW \ <Folder> \ <Track #: 2> - <Artist> - <Title>."
So I keep the original folder on my nas (that "<Folder>).
You say it can give me problems? Thanks
However, I synchronize both playlists and folders. A problem I am having with the folders is that then the sync DOES NOT CREATE the relevant playlist for me, yet I have set "Sync Playlists\Selected Folder Nodes" option ..!?!?

Bye
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

External Artwork is a separate (often JPG) file for the Artwork. This can be problematic if files from multiple Albums are in the same folder.

I don't know what setup you have on the NAS, so I don't know what <Folder> creates on Sync, but if it creates folders per Album the Mask is not a problem.