Artwork view customizations

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

AudioBabble

Artwork view customizations

Post by AudioBabble »

Hi all,

New here and new to MM... enjoying it so far.

Just wondering about artwork viewing... I've been using MusicBee previously and one feature I did like was that the artwork for an album would "cycle" through each picture for that particular album or track while playback was in progress.

Is there a setting to enable that in MM?

Another thing that would be really cool but I don't think is possible would be to be able to skip through the pics when they are open in the popup window, rather than having to close the window, right click the artwork preview, select the next pic, then open a new popup, etc

Does anyone know if this is possible, maybe via a plugin? If not, perhaps I could suggest it as a feature request.

In my opinion accompanying artwork is something which is sadly overlooked in digital releases and by extension seems to be something not given a whole lot of priority in music player/library app design. It's understandable given the apparent "death" of the album and the rise in playlists and general random "scrobbling".

Here's my prediction for the future though... albums will make a comeback! Increased vinyl sales are a sure sign of this, and I believe there will be more demand for accompanying artwork/info with digital releases AND the ability to enjoy them through playback apps.

Apart from that, and old fogies like me who are into digitizing their CD/Vinyl collections must lament the loss of a convenient way to "flip through" the album art they've painstakingly preserved!

Would welcome any comments or advice, cheers :)
Ludek

Re: Artwork view customizations

Post by Ludek »

Hi, there is alreade "Cycle artist images" in the Playing node and Artwork view like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cg8qtngpo8axu ... 4.png?dl=0

So I guess that your request is similar, just adding there another option to "Cycle album image" , right?