MMA sync with MMW 5 missing new playlists

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

hdubnow

MMA sync with MMW 5 missing new playlists

Post by hdubnow »

Sync works perfectly bidirectionally: new media downloads to MMA and play metadata uploads to MMW 5. On the other hand, I added two new autoplaylists and for some reason I can't get them to sync to MMA no matter what I try. In Tools -> Media Sharing -> MediaMonkey Library (checked) -> Options -> Shared content tab, the playlists are checked. I've read https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/Sync_M ... oid_device and tried syncing over WiFi and wired, no difference. I've also tried to send the playlists to the phone when wired, no difference.

MediaMonkey 5.0.3.2622 (Gold)
MediaMonkey Android 1.4.3.0950 (Pro)
Lowlander

Re: MMA sync with MMW 5 missing new playlists

Post by Lowlander »

That settings is for DLNA access, you need to select the Playlists on the Sync List in the Device Profile to be Synced: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... 3E_Device)
hdubnow

Post by hdubnow »

Thank you for being patient with me. I must have unchecked Devices and Services from the media tree, so the only thing that looked like it might be right was Shared Content in Options. It doesn't help that in MMW4 the device was in Options and in MMW5 it's in the collection list. Half the trouble is finding where things have moved that are part of my flow. I promise my stupid questions will become less frequent as I get used to using MMW5.

Once I added Devices and Services back into the media tree, it worked just like MMW4, and the new playlists are now in MMA.

Thanks for your help!

-Harold
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you disabled it, you can re-enable it under Tools > Options > Collections & Views. In MediaMonkey 4 devices would also show in the Media Tree (but also be available in Options).
hdubnow

Post by hdubnow »

Yep, that's exactly what I did!