Just installed 5.0, however...

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

yesthenmediamonkey

Just installed 5.0, however...

Post by yesthenmediamonkey »

Hi guys,

First time posting here, I have been using Mediamonkey for around 5 years now and just taken the plunge to install 5.0.

I have done this and it seemed to open with the default orange skin (much different to my Nouveau Dark Green Skin by Coach UK) but anyhow.

I have Mediamonkey pinned to my taskbar on my Windows 10 PC for quick access, but every time I load it up 4.0 with my original skin and settings always loads up.

Have I messed up the installation? :o

Input appreaciated, thank you so much for doing such a wonderful job.

*Update* Mediamonkey 5.0 found in C:/ Programfiles/x86 and added to the taskbar, the issue I have is every time I boot up MM 5.0 I get the following error "Media Server 'MediaMonkey Library' could not start: port 58437 is already in use check whether MediaMonkey is already running or change the port# in Options > Media Sharing.

I have checked and 4.0 doesn't appear to be running, I had closed it through Task Manager, my question is, do I need to delete 4.0 and all of it's contents and if I do so will I lose my saved Library, Playlists, Rated songs etc?

Thanks again.

- Yesthen
Lowlander

Re: Just installed 5.0, however...

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 5 is a separate install from MediaMonkey 4, thus any shorcuts have to be updated/recreated.

If MediaMonkey 5 is up and running with your old Library you can safely uninstall MediaMonkey 4.
yesthenmediamonkey

Post by yesthenmediamonkey »

Amazing, thank you for your response! I am really enjoying 5.0 and as soon as I am satisfied my library is up and running properly I will proceed to remove 4.0.

After playing around for an hour I now keep getting a white screen (Unable to close the program unless I go through Task Manager)

I have taken some screenshots of the white screen, It won't let me attach them here.

Are you aware of this issue affecting other users? Could this be perhaps due to the fact I am running the 32-Bit version of MM 5.0, if so can I simply just go ahead and install the 64-Bit version and any saved settings should merge over?

Thanks again for your help!
Last edited by yesthenmediamonkey on Wed May 11, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you running? You may want to try the latest beta.

MediaMonkey is only available in 32bits.

For screenshots see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97733 (however this is not needed for whitescreen as that indicates a crashed state, for that a debug log works better).