Is it possible to create a usable library from this mess

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Is it possible to create a usable library from this mess

Post by Lowlander »

AccurateRip verification is a Gold feature: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... om_CDs/5.0
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:40 pm AccurateRip verification is a Gold feature: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... om_CDs/5.0
Hmm, I have a Gold
A Lifetime License, which is valid for the current version of MediaMonkey and future versions of MediaMonkey. So a Lifetime License is valid for MediaMonkey 5, 6, etc
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

TheEmpathicEar wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:38 pm
snowleopard wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:20 pm
TheEmpathicEar wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:06 pm

Is the DBPowerAMP / Perfect Tunes a subscription, $$, type of thing? [As far as I know, MM5 does not offer Accurip?]
It is not a subscription, it is a 1 time purchase, they offer a single license and a "family Pack" that is good for 3 computers. Every so often they update it so if you want the latest version you need to upgrade, but I have been really happy with it for ripping CD's it is worth it to me. Usually accurip can detect what CD you are trying to rip, but it also offers manual editing before you rip the disc which is great for singles that might be hard to figure out.
So, in addition to the purchase of Perfect Tunes, you would need the add-on, "dBpoweramp Music Converter & CD Ripper"?
If you buy this, it has everything you need and it looks like the family pack is good for 5 computers:

dBpoweramp Complete [Windows]
Retail $196, save 55% $89
Includes:

dBpoweramp Music Converter R17.x: audio conversion & CD ripping perfected
dBpoweramp Video Converter R2.x: pro-quality video conversion
dBpoweramp Image Converter R1.x: easy image conversion
PerfectTUNES R3.x: manage your audio collection, fix album art, mass ID tag editor, remove duplicates

Each comes as a Family Pack allowing installation on 5 PCs (non-commercial)

Details:

Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7 / Vista,
Never expires, re-install at any time in the future,
24x7 dedicated support forum,
Free upgrades for life (except Music and Video Converter: free minor version upgrades),
Instant install after purchase.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Seems like a good offer. But, isn't there a lot of overlap with MM Gold Lifetime? That's what I have right now.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

TheEmpathicEar wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:20 pm Seems like a good offer. But, isn't there a lot of overlap with MM Gold Lifetime? That's what I have right now.
IDK, I know a lot of people use MM4 Gold / MM5 Gold for ripping. I only use MM Gold for Library Management, I keep my disc ripping, Tagging software separate.

Just like people that have really high end stereo's right, The Tuner, Pre-Map and AMP are completely separate because it keeps things cleaner. This way I can monitor all the tags that get entered,etc before it messes up my music library and I have to delete the database and re-scan the library.

I did not know that the Gold version of MM has accurip, but I can tell you accurip is the best technology so far.

Some of the other apps in the DBPower AMP software suite are specifically for checking and updating tags if they are wrong.

the DB Power AMP CD Ripper also lets you check multiple sources for metatags so you can compare them before ripping the disc. You would be surprised how many errors there are in music databases so it is nice to be able to review the data before locking it in the tags.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

But, I can tell you I have never used the DB Power AMP software to re-tag existing files or files that were already ripped. I would do some more research because it sounds like you are trying to re-tag all the fields in existing files.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Thanks for all the great feedback! I'll give it a think.
EDIT: I went to their web site to check on the 55% discount [which includes Video and Image Converters]. If I only need Reference and Perfect Tunes, this is available at 50% off? I don't know how much this cost?
vishl99

Post by vishl99 »

Andre_H wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:47 am Sorting and especially properly tagging of 105.692 tracks will be no small feat... But the result might well be worth the effort... ;-)
Thank you for this, last time it was worked for me but now it's time to update please.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

DP Power AMP and Accurip have their own forums so you might search them to see if the products will do what you want before purchasing. or Someone may have the same issue you do and have a solution with one of those products.

A few years ago actually re-ripped my whole collection of about 2500 albums from scratch.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Why did you choose "Family" pack instead of single PC?
When does this "sale" expire?
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Out of curiosity, what can Power Amp do that MediaMonkey can't? You have to pay for both, and AccurateRip is included with MediaMonkey Gold. Where is the additional benefit from Power Amp (or any other additional ripping tool)?
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Andre_H wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:46 am Out of curiosity, what can Power Amp do that MediaMonkey can't? You have to pay for both, and AccurateRip is included with MediaMonkey Gold. Where is the additional benefit from Power Amp (or any other additional ripping tool)?
Hi Andre,

I have not checked out the new MM5 ripper yet, but see my answer to Ludek during the MM5 Alpha test, at the bottom of this post.
There are also other benefits that didn't make my list, like:
  • dBPoweramp has an extension that runs inside the Microsoft File Properties dialog box ... you can view and alter tags, or copy them all to the clip board, just using Microsoft File Explorer
  • you have a high degree of configuration and visibility over the whole process
  • here is an example of the tag review from multiple sources, that was mentioned in my primary list
I will be interested to see if any of these features made their way into the new MM5 ripper, because Ludek was asking for suggestions when I made the above post.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

TheEmpathicEar wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:46 pm Why did you choose "Family" pack instead of single PC?
When does this "sale" expire?
I have it on more than 1 computer so I can rip 5 discs at one time. Not sure when the sale expires. The single license is probably good for most people.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

Barry4679 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:58 pm
Andre_H wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:46 am Out of curiosity, what can Power Amp do that MediaMonkey can't? You have to pay for both, and AccurateRip is included with MediaMonkey Gold. Where is the additional benefit from Power Amp (or any other additional ripping tool)?
Hi Andre,

I have not checked out the new MM5 ripper yet, but see my answer to Ludek during the MM5 Alpha test, at the bottom of this post.
There are also other benefits that didn't make my list, like:
  • dBPoweramp has an extension that runs inside the Microsoft File Properties dialog box ... you can view and alter tags, or copy them all to the clip board, just using Microsoft File Explorer
  • you have a high degree of configuration and visibility over the whole process
  • here is an example of the tag review from multiple sources, that was mentioned in my primary list
I will be interested to see if any of these features made their way into the new MM5 ripper, because Ludek was asking for suggestions when I made the above post.
I don't use the digital processing functions that you mentioned but I love the tag review from multiple sources and the windows explorer file properties, it fills in all the tags and you can manually edit the tags right in that screen before ripping.

Do you know if that works on existing files like the OP has? I have never edited from existing files because I rip them with the correct or as correct tags as they can be using those features.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

snowleopard wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:48 pm I don't use the digital processing functions that you mentioned but I love the tag review from multiple sources and the windows explorer file properties, it fills in all the tags and you can manually edit the tags right in that screen before ripping.

Do you know if that works on existing files like the OP has? I have never edited from existing files because I rip them with the correct or as correct tags as they can be using those features.
The Windows Explorer extensions work with existing files, but the metadata lookup facilities only work with CDs. I think this is because tracks are fingerprinted by the albums that they belong to, The fingerprint is hashed up from CD details like how many tracks there are and the exact length of each and their sequence within the CD. So single ripped tracks don't provide enough information, and even a whole album can have these things interfered with, once they have been ripped. I have often wished that this facility existed, although it is good that MM can do some of this , to some extent, by tag matching.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.