Is it possible to create a usable library from this mess

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Andre_H

Re: Is it possible to create a usable library from this mess

Post by Andre_H »

Barry4679 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:58 pm Hi Andre,

I have not checked out the new MM5 ripper yet, but see my answer to Ludek during the MM5 Alpha test, at the bottom of this post.
There are also other benefits that didn't make my list, like:
  • dBPoweramp has an extension that runs inside the Microsoft File Properties dialog box ... you can view and alter tags, or copy them all to the clip board, just using Microsoft File Explorer
  • you have a high degree of configuration and visibility over the whole process
  • here is an example of the tag review from multiple sources, that was mentioned in my primary list
Barry, thank you for the detailed answer. I rarely rip, so far the functionality of MMW has been sufficient for me, but it's interesting to know what other programs can do. ;-)
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Peke

Re: Is it possible to create a usable library from this mess

Post by Peke »

snowleopard wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:44 pm I have it on more than 1 computer so I can rip 5 discs at one time.
When I ripped my Music I had 4 drives in single pc and MM to RIP. I explained it on some posts recently.

And it was with MM 2.5 last time, which is far inferior to MM5 (tested with 2 only).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts