File Properties -> Location shouldn't include the filename...

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

ed.j

File Properties -> Location shouldn't include the filename...

Post by ed.j »

Because that is included in the box directly below.

I frequently want to see where a track is saved, or copy the folder path, and this is made tricky by the fact that the Location field includes the file name. I don't see why this is necessary when the file name is below.

Seems to me like it should be one or the other ?
Peke

Re: File Properties -> Location shouldn't include the filename...

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It depends how you look at it. Location means full path+Filename (usually much larger than field) and filename is mostly relevant if you want to copy part of it to fields an ddo not want to use auto tag.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

ed.j wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:21 am I frequently want to see where a track is saved, or copy the folder path, and this is made tricky by the fact that the Location field includes the file name. I don't see why this is necessary when the file name is below.
I agree your point.
Peke mentioned that it is useful for copy, if the file name is included.
I don't see that. I think that most (of my) copy Use Cases would be for the folder path only.

The other two things that would assist, or workaround, in this situation would be:
  1. that the track Properties box would show a tooltip of the entire entry when hovering over the the Location box
  2. but most of all, would be if we could drag the Track Properties dbox to be wider, for use when viewing tracks with wide tags
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Point 2) I would also agree.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Totally agree location should end just before filename, especially given that the filename (if needed for copying) is separately located and clearly shown just underneath that.

If I copy and paste the "location" into file explorer, I want it to go to the folder, and not to open the file.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks