Can MMA play hi-def audio?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

jbrigger

Can MMA play hi-def audio?

Post by jbrigger »

I have used MM for Windows for many years, and started using MMA so I can play music in the car. I sync MMW to MMA, and plug the phone into a USB slot in the car, and use MMA via Android Auto. Works fine ... EXCEPT... not all tracks can be played. For many, MMA just flashes the album art for a split second, and nothing else happens. Same thing whether the phone is connected in the car, or not.

I have recently been downloading hi-def tracks from HDTracks and Qobuz. I have about 350 tracks with a Bit Rate over 1000 kbit/s, and maybe 100 tracks with a Frequency over 44100 Hz. It looks like maybe the problem is that MMA can't play these, although I haven't checked every track. Strangely, jetAudio, on the same phone, can play them perfectly, so this problem is not caused by a limitation of the phone. BTW these are all MP4 ALAC or AAC files.

My questions are:
1. Does MMA have limitations on Bit Rate or Frequency, or on any other file property?
2. If so, what exactly are those limitations?
3. Can auto-conversion during sync be used to get around these limitations?
4. Why do these limitations exist in MMA when they do not in, for example, jetAudio or with an iPod?
5. Are there any plans to remove these limitations and if so, when?

Thank you!
jbrigger

Re: Can MMA play hi-def audio?

Post by jbrigger »

WOW! Hard to believe. This was posted over 4 months ago, and 210 people have seen it. Yet there is not a single reply! Is this a particularly difficult question, or maybe readers think it's trivial? Can anyone from Media Monkey support shed any light?
Lowlander

Re: Can MMA play hi-def audio?

Post by Lowlander »

MMA can play what your device supports natively. It doesn't come with its own codecs at this point.