Album Art display while browsing

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

armadillofarm

Album Art display while browsing

Post by armadillofarm »

Hi,

Is there any way for MM5 to mimic the functionality of MM4 for displaying album art while browsing using the column filter?

In MM4, if I select an album, artist, genre, etc. using the column filter, the artwork for the first file in the list is displayed. This does not seem to be the case in MM5. I have to manually select an actual file for the artwork to be displayed. This makes browsing in MM5 impossible (or, really, far less useful and pleasant for me), so I've stuck with MM4.

All of my album art is saved to the tags (my library is mostly FLAC, a few mp3s) instead of as folder.jpg. I tried to save the artwork to the folder (which is not my preference) and it didn't seem to make a difference.
Lowlander

Re: Album Art display while browsing

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you just need to change the View to one with Artwork just like in MediaMonkey 4: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ging_Views

There's also this Addon: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... lbum-view/
armadillofarm

Post by armadillofarm »

Thanks for your reply. I do have my view set up just like MM4 with an artwork panel.

I've tried to post a screenshot, but I'm not allowed to as a new user, and the "insert a space in the URL" workaround doesn't seem to be working for me, either.

When I click on a genre, for example, I would expect the artwork for the first track (alphabetically or however I have my sorting set up) in that genre to appear. But it doesn't; there is just the generic CD picture. I have to manually select an actual track for artwork to appear. I think MM4 would default to selecting the first track, whereas MM5 seems to default to selecting nothing at all.

I'm happy to continue using MM4, but I know someday support for it will end; just hoping this issue can be addressed before then if there's not already a way.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

space works when posting URL's as new user. so mediamonkey. com/more will do the trick.
armadillofarm

Post by armadillofarm »

Might have put the space in the wrong . . . space. Let's try this:

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As nothing is selected in the Filelisting, the Preview set to Selected doesn't show Artwork. I think you can argue either way if there should be something selected or not. Leaving for more feedback from other users.