Skin: Dark Monkey 1.0.2

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Erwin Hanzl

Skin: Dark Monkey 1.0.2

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

@drakinite

I'm testing skin "Dark Monkey 1.0.2" and I like it very much.
But, how and where can I change the font size to 17 px?

Best regards
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
drakinite

Re: Skin: Dark Monkey 1.0.2

Post by drakinite »

There is no configurable setting for Dark Monkey, but you can do it yourself with a bit of tweaking.

I believe that after installing, it'll extract itself to "%appdata%/MediaMonkey5/Skins/Black Monkey". Find skin_base_add.less in the skins subfolder. There will be a line starting with @baseFontSize toward the top. Edit that to whatever px size you wish.

Then, either use Refresh Skin Shortcut (https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... -shortcut/) to reload the skin, or delete the auto-generated .css file in %appdata%/MediaMonkey5 and reload the window.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Thank you for your reply.
But there is no entry in any file: @baseFontSize.
I would have found this entry before my request.

Unfortunately I can use this skin with this small font size.
Too bad.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:07 pm I'm testing skin "Dark Monkey 1.0.2" and I like it very much.
But, how and where can I change the font size to 17 px?
Hi Erwin.

Code Monkey is another dark skin. It is my preferred skin.
It has some font size flexibility.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Thanks Barry,
I also use this skin.
I have expanded the font size selection and reprogrammed it to use the "Arial" font.

However, Dark Monkey 1.0.2.: NOBLE really classy.

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:34 am Thank you for your reply.
But there is no entry in any file: @baseFontSize.
I would have found this entry before my request.

Unfortunately I can use this skin with this small font size.
Too bad.
My bad, I haven't looked at the code for Dark Monkey in a while. If you still wish to use it, add the following line to the top of skin_base_add.less:

@baseFontSize: 17px;
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

@drakinite
Thanks, I did, but it has no effect.

Code: Select all

@baseFontSize: 17px;
@baseColor: #000000;
@warningColor: #fcc543;
@controlColor: #101010;
@hoverColor: @warningColor;
@hoverBgColor: darken( @warningColor, 52%);
@borderColor: @warningColor;
@selectedColor: lighten(@baseColor, 20%);
@disabledSelectedColor: mix(@baseColor, @selectedColor, 50%);
@highlightBgColor: @highlightColor;
//@shadowColor: @hoverBgColor;

@windowBorderColor: #fcc543;

@font-face { font-family: Roboto; src: url("/skin/fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf"); }

body {
    font-family: Roboto, sans-serif;
}
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Have you either used Refresh Skin Shortcut or deleted the auto-generated CSS file (named something like precompiledLess_Black Monkey_Desktop.css) to reload the skin?
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Drakinite,

I have your post from 29 May 2022, 01:08 should read more carefully.

Entry in file as first line: skin_base_add.less: @baseFontSize: 17px;
Click on Addon: "Refresh Skin Shortcut 1.0.2"

Thanks
JCaesar

Post by JCaesar »

Is there a way to only increase the size of the font in the player (song title and artist, etc, where the seek bar is)? I also love Dark Monkey and I think the default font size for everything looks good as is, except for in the player, which uses an incredibly small font for some reason and leaves a ton of unused real estate. I'd like to blow up just that portion without increasing the library/playlist font if possible.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

JCaesar wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:52 am Is there a way to only increase the size of the font in the player (song title and artist, etc, where the seek bar is)? I also love Dark Monkey and I think the default font size for everything looks good as is, except for in the player, which uses an incredibly small font for some reason and leaves a ton of unused real estate. I'd like to blow up just that portion without increasing the library/playlist font if possible.
Sure can. Follow the same instructions as in the previous posts, but instead of editing .less files, look into player.html. A few elements have the class "smallText". Remove "smallText" from those, and the font size will be bigger.