MM5 - lyrics won't save for some mp3

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Utestit

MM5 - lyrics won't save for some mp3

Post by Utestit »

Hi !

I save lyrics in most of my mp3 (either auto-tagged by the -great- MM3, or manually edited for the missing ones).
In some cases -few-, I can enter the lyrics (via Properties > Lyrics >), but the text won't save, even after hitting 'OK' or 'Next".
Any clue ? Thanks !

note:
I checked the file properties (Windows) for those files, without finding anything specific;
I can edit & save other properties for those files in MM5 (such as title) - no problem;
I'm running the last MM5 version (5.0.3.2627, just updated), on Windows 10.

Thank you so much !
Lowlander

Re: MM5 - lyrics won't save for some mp3

Post by Lowlander »

Do other application show that that the other tags were changed by MediaMonkey? Can you try just a single word (like the) in Lyrics and see if that saves.

Is the problem that Lyrics aren't seen by other applications or that MediaMonkey itself also doesn't keep the changes to Lyrics?
Utestit

Post by Utestit »

Hi Lowlander,
& thanks for the reply.

To answer you:
. no, other applications (iTunes :oops: ) do not show the tags as having been changed by MM5
- note: actually, it hasn't - as soon as I shift to the next/previous title, the lyrics I pasted will be lost;
. even more surprising -but possibly a refresh issue for that title tags by MM5- I edited the tags for that MP3 in another app (iTunes again) :
- the lyrics are actually edited and saved;
. however they still do not show in MM5.

Help most welcome...

Thanks !
Utestit

Post by Utestit »

a sidenote to my response just posted, with an issue with auto-update for lyrics in MM5 :
(I guess it's unrelated, so I could open a different post - but never know :wink: )

some MP3 update, but show truncated lyrics, ending with some sort of error msg / erroneous html tag, such as below :
"[Verse 1]
Oh, I hoped that you were somebody
Someone I could count
To pull me to my feet again
When I was in doubt
Oh now, Mama, do you hear me
Calling out your name?
Oh now, Mama do you hear me
Calling out your name?
Calling out your name
<div data-exclude-from-selection="true" class="InreadContainer__Container-sc-19040w5-0 cujBpY PrimisPlayer__InreadContainer-sc-1tvdtf7-0 juOVWZ"

Any clue ?
Thanks a lot again !

However keen to have your input on the 1st issue !
Cheers !
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Are you editing local files?
2) If you edit files outside of MediaMonkey you need to rescan the files in MediaMonkey to pick up the changes. Do be aware that iTunes often saves things in a way incompatible with other software.
Utestit

Post by Utestit »

Hi Lowlander,
Lowlander wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:58 pm 1) Are you editing local files?
. my mp3 files are store localy (on my laptop HD)
. I wouldn't edit them outside MM5 - but to perform the check you suggested above
Lowlander wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:58 pm 2) If you edit files outside of MediaMonkey you need to rescan the files in MediaMonkey to pick up the changes. Do be aware that iTunes often saves things in a way incompatible with other software.
just did - thanks !

note: this solves the lyrics won't save issue (?!?) - maybe something to do with mp3 that were automaticaly moved, with the database not fully updated - whatever, problem solved, thanks !

[edit] actually solves MOST of the "lyrics wont' save issue", but I still have mp3s with those same symptoms (even after multiple rescans)

[edit #2] as an fyi, this issue is solved closing & reopening MM5 (??). Non-editable lyrics become editable... No idea why, but that will work for me. Thanks Lowlander
Utestit

Post by Utestit »

So this remains the only open bug in this post :
Thanks !
Utestit wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:32 am a sidenote to my response just posted, with an issue with auto-update for lyrics in MM5 :
(I guess it's unrelated, so I could open a different post - but never know :wink: )

some MP3 update, but show truncated lyrics, ending with some sort of error msg / erroneous html tag, such as below :
"[Verse 1]
Oh, I hoped that you were somebody
Someone I could count
To pull me to my feet again
When I was in doubt
Oh now, Mama, do you hear me
Calling out your name?
Oh now, Mama do you hear me
Calling out your name?
Calling out your name
<div data-exclude-from-selection="true" class="InreadContainer__Container-sc-19040w5-0 cujBpY PrimisPlayer__InreadContainer-sc-1tvdtf7-0 juOVWZ"

Any clue ?
Thanks a lot again !

However keen to have your input on the 1st issue !
Cheers !
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

On the Properties > Lyrics tab cycle through the Lyrics with manual lookup and try to catch which Lyrics Source is the cause of this problem.