Is there a script to remove invalid artwork tags?

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

calonzo

Is there a script to remove invalid artwork tags?

Post by calonzo »

I have many songs where the artwork shows the default image. Trying to download the image isn't working for these songs.
If I edit the artwork property, I can see there is a small artwork file. If I delete it, then I can download the correct image. But there are a lot of them and it would take a long time to do this manually.

Is there a script that can delete artwork below a certain size?
drakinite

Re: Is there a script to remove invalid artwork tags?

Post by drakinite »

MPG made an excellent addon called Fix Album Art which maybe could be extended to add that functionality :D https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... album-art/
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

drakinite wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:17 pm MPG made an excellent addon called Fix Album Art which maybe could be extended to add that functionality :D https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... album-art/
It would be good if the FilesToEdit sub-node got a new report named DeadArtLinks.
That way the OP could could do a Windows search over their collection with search criteria of *.jpg size:tiny
Then delete those files
Then use this proposed new sub-node to collect together all albums with dead art links, so that they could be attended to.

BTW the existing report "inconsistent Artwork" shows a lot of false positives.
I see many albums in that report where all tracks have no embedded art, and each track points to the same Folder.jpg file ... you can see this?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Workaround, until there is an MMW-integrated solution: MP3Tag. List the desired folders, add the cover dimensions (height, width, possibly file type) to the columns of the main view, it is also possible to set search filters there.

Then a batch deletion would be possible relatively quickly.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
MPG

Post by MPG »

To add the feature properly, would require creating a settings window and to be honest, it's not something I really want to get into as the add-on meets my needs. If a bug is found, by all means, I will fix it.

Sorry...best of luck with your collection.
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
calonzo

Post by calonzo »

Thanks for all the tips. I'll update when I have found one that works for me.