Best way to view library by record label

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

dashryde

Best way to view library by record label

Post by dashryde »

Hi,

I have several albums with different artist under one recording label, for example this (Cryo Chamber label).

I created one node for these kind of music also I have other recording label which consist of artists and their albums.

My question:

1- What's the tag attribute should I use to put the recording label name into the albums should I (Publisher? Composer?)?
2- Also What's the best way to make the default view of my node starting by the record label not (Artist or Albums) as I want to browse my music mainly through record label then > albums

I hope my point is clear, thank you in advance.
Lowlander

Re: Best way to view library by record label

Post by Lowlander »

I'd understand Publisher to be Label, but I don't use this.

You may want to check out Custom Nodes to see if it can do what you're looking for: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... stom+nodes
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Hi dashryde,
dashryde wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:25 pm 1- What's the tag attribute should I use to put the recording label name into the albums should I (Publisher? Composer?)?
You can use any tag however you like, but the Publisher tag is the one that was provided for this purpose (I think).
dashryde wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:25 pm 2- Also What's the best way to make the default view of my node starting by the record label not (Artist or Albums) as I want to browse my music mainly through record label then > albums
When you restart MM5, it will reopen whatever node and view you were using when you closed it. And if you open any node it will open using the View & column setup & sort sequence that you were using when you last used that node.

There is no facility to set a default for a node, it just goes back whatever you were using last time for that node and sub-node.

Here are some examples of the Publisher node; in Grid View, and List By Album View within a Publisher
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
dashryde

Post by dashryde »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:56 pm I'd understand Publisher to be Label, but I don't use this.

You may want to check out Custom Nodes to see if it can do what you're looking for: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... stom+nodes
Thanks, I thought of using the custom nodes but apparently when I used the publisher tag it works perfectly for me now. thanks again for your insight
dashryde

Post by dashryde »

Barry4679 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:09 pm Hi dashryde,
dashryde wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:25 pm 1- What's the tag attribute should I use to put the recording label name into the albums should I (Publisher? Composer?)?
You can use any tag however you like, but the Publisher tag is the one that was provided for this purpose (I think).
dashryde wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:25 pm 2- Also What's the best way to make the default view of my node starting by the record label not (Artist or Albums) as I want to browse my music mainly through record label then > albums
When you restart MM5, it will reopen whatever node and view you were using when you closed it. And if you open any node it will open using the View & column setup & sort sequence that you were using when you last used that node.

There is no facility to set a default for a node, it just goes back whatever you were using last time for that node and sub-node.

Here are some examples of the Publisher node
Hi Barry4679,

I utilized the Publisher tag now it's working perfectly.

As you stated and I agree with you there is no default view for Publisher sort hopefully in the future :) thank for your support