MMW 's "Now Playing " title and artist to TV screen ?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Clevelandkid

MMW 's "Now Playing " title and artist to TV screen ?

Post by Clevelandkid »

Hello all,

My question is, can "now playing", titles be shown on a smart TV?

I have been playing my Music library on my Windows 7 computer and via Bluetooth, to another room in which my Sony TV and Blue toothed Denon receiver and speakers are connected.

The problem is that when a song plays that I want to confirm who the artist and song title is, I must run to the next room to see who it is.
Is there a way to also have the song title and artist show on the TV screen as they play?

I am not necessarily looking for the album cover art, or other data from the library (although, that would be sweet) but most important to me would be the song title and artist, as is shown at the bottom of the MM library screen when each song plays.

Thank you for your comments.

Best regards,
CK
Lowlander

Re: MMW 's "Now Playing " title and artist to TV screen ?

Post by Lowlander »

Check if the Receiver or TV are DLNA or Chromecast capable. Then you can use that instead and media info should be shown. Via Bluetooth this generally works too, but in the end the display of media info is up to the device.
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

Hi Lowlander,

The good news is, that my Sony TV has Chromecast built in , and recognizes MediaMonkey.
MediaMonkey also finds "sees" my Sony TV.
However , I can see titles and the artist name as each song that plays in MediaMonkey, and looks good on the TV, but it only shows on the screen for 5 seconds and then goes on to the next song in line. It looks like it is following the actions of MediaMonkey as it too is flipping to a new song every five seconds.

Also, I should add that the audio of the songs does not come though at all, and it would only be for 5 seconds anyway if it did.

I set the MediaMonkey to options XR-65X95K (Bravia 4K VH21 ) or option XR-65X95K (DLNA/UPnp )
but It still does not help.

I can't understand why MediaMonkey does not play the whole song before going to the next, and why there is no audio from coming from the TV .
A technician that I brought in said that it seems that maybe the communication between the two is not compatible ?
Maybe the TV can not read the MP3 format ?

Again , music comes through using just the Bluetooth method, but of course no vision of the artist and title.

Any suggestions on what is causing the issue is greatly appreciated.
So close but not quite there yet !

Regards,
CK
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You should update to latest MM5 version.

You can Download it from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d

My suggestion would be to install MM5 as Portable for testing as it will ask you to import MM4 and it will not influence MM4 (NOTE: do not start MM4 and MM5 together as they may use same port)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

Hello Peke,

I started MM5 version on my computer and clicked on the option at the lower right corner of my entire library screen which shows my TV model number, Sony XR-65X95K (Bravia 4K VH21)

Back on the TV screen, the song titles and artists names appear on the TV screen only for about 5 seconds as the songs continue to flip from one song to the next, (on both my computer and TV ) but with no TV audio of the songs.

Meanwhile, back on the MM5 "Entire Library" screen on the desk top computer, a message is saying that " Playback failed: Sony XR-65X95K (Bravia 4K VH21) cannot decode C:\my music\" with the "Path" information showing, and ending with .mp3 .

Again , it appears that the TV cannot decode the "Path" or mp3 format which is causing MM to instantly go on to try to play the next song.
After several minutes the TV screen will revert to a "screen saver" and the MM5 screen shows a message saying "the Sony XR-65X95K player is turned off or inaccessible."

A technician that helped set up my TV and audio component system suggested that since my computer has a HDMI port and my Denon receiver also has a HDMI port , that maybe that could somehow mirror the MM screen showing on the computer to the TV along with sending the audio of the songs ?, and bring it up using a dedicated HDMI component button on the receiver's remote.

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions.

If any fellow MM users have experienced this same situation, please feel free to add a solution that worked for you .

Regards,
CK
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are using?
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

Hi,
The Version number is 5.0.1.2433

Meanwhile, I tried using the Sony TV's Bluetooth to pair with my Dell XPS8700 computer, which also has Bluetooth, but the TV did not find it, but it did find my Denon receiver's Bluetooth signal.
Not sure why the TV is not finding my Computer's Bluetooth signal!

That being said, I can Bluetooth from my computer to the receiver, and play songs from Media Monkey to my receiver's / TV speakers but cannot get the songs and artists to also show on the TV screen, which is the goal.

The question would be, how can I get both the songs to play on the speakers and see the titles and artists of the songs playing on my TV.
Would Bluetoothing the Computer to the receiver (for the audio) and running an HDMI cable from the computer to the receiver resolve the issue?

Thanks,
CK
Peke

Post by Peke »

Clevelandkid wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:06 am The Version number is 5.0.1.2433
You you should really upgrade to latest 5.0.4.2661+ from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d as it includes hundreds of fixes and large number of them are related to casting to other devices.
Best regards,
Peke
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

Hello All,

This is a follow-up to the issue, as described in the trail above.

After several unsuccessful attempts to accomplish to have my MediaMonkey Library show on my Sony Smart TV wirelessly, I decided to take a more direct approach.
I now have the MediaMonkey Library on my Computer's monitor duplicated onto my TV screen by means of an HDMI cable connection between the computer and my A/V receiver.
The connection worked! and I was ecstatic ! , but except for one glitch, my Denon receiver is having an issue with is what may be a PCM signal that is being supplied by the computer. While I can see the library and which song is playing, the song audio is occasionally dropping in and out and the PCM/DIG indicator light on the receiver keeps flashing on and off in sync. with the dropouts.

I am looking for fellow MediaMonkey users that have had this same situation and were able to resolve this particular issue.
If you have taken this same approach, I would be most appreciative if you could advise on the solution.

Many thanks and best regards,
CK
Peke

Post by Peke »

If your Sony is Android based you can try to sideload MMA onto it and enjoy.

MMA 2.0 TV UI is not fully certified and polished thus not listed in Android TV store, but fully work if you have mouse at hand at some menues where D-PAD navigation fail ;)

Re Denon and any other HEOS devices: They often force using HEOS app due the bit changed DLNA/Chromecast protocol implementation and controlling of devices.
Best regards,
Peke