iPhone: "This song is not currently available in your country or region."

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

boober

iPhone: "This song is not currently available in your country or region."

Post by boober »

Since there is no MM-side solution to getting MM to recognize music moved to a new iPhone, I decided to delete all the music and rebuild the library by sending the music from MMW5 to my iPhone. I put a few dozen albums on the phone for a trip, and as I'm playing through the music, I get the message: "This song is not currently available in your country or region." This grays out the song and renders it unable to play.

This happens on average to about two songs per album — some albums are missing four songs and some are missing none. It's not enough to re-sync the song. It has to first be deleted, then sent over again. I tried searching the forums to see if there's a solution, but can't find one.

Is this known behavior? Is there a solution?
Peke

Re: iPhone: "This song is not currently available in your country or region."

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This is something that Apple controls and we do not have any rights or means to what apple allow that you can play or not.

I wonder what Apple say about that?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
boober

Post by boober »

Most of the solutions have to do with re-syncing to an Apple service (e.g. iCloud) or software (e.g. iTunes). It looks like the only solution is to continue deleting and re-adding. This happened initially with my older phone, but everything copied over without an issue after having the phone for awhile. I guess I just need to hope the same happens here.
boober

Post by boober »

Following up here to say that the issue has more or less resolved itself. This is similar to the last iPhone I used with MM (then v4). So, for anyone reading this thread — just keep syncing. It took about 2-3 dozen albums before the iPhone consistently was able to play every song on the album. In the meantime, I've found the easiest solution to delete the song that won't play using the phone's music program (which I think is just called Music), then resync.