Preview box shows results from outside library

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Preview box shows results from outside library

Post by tbm72 »

On the latest update (5.0.4.2659) if I click any property in the Preview box of a currently playing track (e.g. artist or album title) it now shows me results from outside of my library (e.g. from Youtube). It never used to do this. Before this update if I clicked the artist name it would just show me results of that artist from within my library only. I don't know if I've somehow changed something but is there a way to keep it to showing results from my library only?
tbm72

Re: Preview box shows results from outside library

Post by tbm72 »

That's weird - I just got a strange crash and error message and after restarting it now seems to be OK again. Don't know what caused it to start showing me search results from YouTube but it seems OK again now and only showing me results from my local library.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

tbm72 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:57 pm On the latest update (5.0.4.2659) if I click any property in the Preview box of a currently playing track (e.g. artist or album title) it now shows me results from outside of my library (e.g. from Youtube). It never used to do this.
Maybe you had clicked the MyLibrary|Online toggle at the Detail screen for the Artist or Album that you had drilled down into?

See here, where I toggle from My Library to the Online listing of albums for an Artist.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

I think that must be what happened although I intentionally have the 'info panel' feature turned off in all views so I wouldn't have been able to manually switch it from My Library to Online. To be honest I forgot that feature was even there!

I guess either an inadvertent keyboard shortcut or some weird bug must have switched it to Online without me realising. The fact that it went back to normal after a restart makes me think it was a bug.