Playback sometimes continues after pressing pause [#19335]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Playback sometimes continues after pressing pause [#19335]

Post by tbm72 »

Since latest update (5.0.4.2660) I get a random issue where sometimes I'll press the pause button and it looks like the track should have paused playing (ie. play button changes to paused state and the progress seek bar has stopped etc) but I can still hear the track playing, albeit at a slightly lower volume. Pressing pause/play a couple of times seems to reset it back to normal. It's a bit odd, almost like a 'ghost' version of the track is still playing even though visually it appears to be paused/stopped!

Can't find a way to replicate yet but I've seen it happen about 4 or 5 times over the last couple of days.
Ludek

Re: Playback sometimes continues after pressing pause

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I can't seem to replicate, are you playing to Internal player or casting to a device?
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

I'm just playing to the regular internal player like I've always done.

I have to say I can't easily replicate it either but it did it again today so that's probably about 6 or 7 times it's happened since the most recent MM update last week.

I've never seen it do this before the update but unless anyone else reports it maybe it's something unique to me although I don't know why as nothing has changed on my system.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Just to pipe in ... I haven't seen this either
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

I'm still getting this issue consistently and think I found a way to replicate it every time:

1) Start any track playing
2) While track is playing change its star rating (eg, change from 4 to 5 stars)
3) Press Pause (not Stop)
4) Track carries on playing at a slightly lower volume even though visually it appears to have stopped.

This replicates every time for me.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I tried changing 0 to 4 and pressed pause... nothing happened. Then i pressed play and changed 4 to 5 and pressed pause .. it continued to play low but the seek bar didn't move. Then it went loud and stopped

Then I pressed play and the seek bar jumped ahead a few seconds and it played. I then changed from 5 to 4 and pressed pause ... it went low volume and continued playing for a few seconds and the seek bar stopped. Then a quick loud and it paused.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

dtsig wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:47 am I tried changing 0 to 4 and pressed pause... nothing happened. Then i pressed play and changed 4 to 5 and pressed pause .. it continued to play low but the seek bar didn't move. Then it went loud and stopped

Then I pressed play and the seek bar jumped ahead a few seconds and it played. I then changed from 5 to 4 and pressed pause ... it went low volume and continued playing for a few seconds and the seek bar stopped. Then a quick loud and it paused.
Thanks for confirming - sounds like you're getting similar, if not exactly the same issue as me then. Hopefully one of the devs can replicate too.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I am not seeing this behavior in 2661 ...
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

dtsig wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:20 pm I am not seeing this behavior in 2661 ...
I'm still seeing the issue in today's 2661 update.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Could you catch it in debug log? (https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 32#p430332) It could show us what is happening there. Start DbgView - start MM5 - replicate issue - save log and share with me. Thanks.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Think I figured it out. I tried changing my Audio Output settings from Directsound to WASAPI and the problem went away. But if I change it back to Directsound the issue comes back. Don't know if it's something you might want to look at as it's only come up as a problem since the last couple of MM beta releases.

So to reproduce the bug change output to the following:

Tools>Options>Player>Audio Output (plug-ins): MediaMonkey DirectSound output

Then start any track playing, change it's star rating (e.g. 4 to 5) and press pause. Track then carries on playing even though it should have stopped.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce with DirectSound on 2661, a debug log as requested above would be really helpful in trying to find the cause for this.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:49 pm I'm unable to reproduce with DirectSound on 2661, a debug log as requested above would be really helpful in trying to find the cause for this.
No problem, debug log sent to MiPi.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Thank you, I was finally able to reproduce the issue too. Tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19335