About to install my server on a Mac. Did I see a server version?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey Server and learn about the newest builds.

Moderators: drakinite, Gurus

Mikey1969

About to install my server on a Mac. Did I see a server version?

Post by Mikey1969 »

Hi guys, I'm pretty sure I came across a server version of MM that's still in beta, but now I can't find it.

Anyway, here's my situation: I have a MacMini that I can use for my media server. I was installing BootCamp and Windows so that I could still run MM, but if there is a server that runs on Mac, then I won't go through the extra steps. Just wanted to make sure that I'm reading this right,. This computer would only be fore hosting media, so running MM and Plex, so it doesn't nee do do other stuff. I figure if there IS a server version, I won't go through the extra steps on the Mac.
drakinite

Re: About to install my server on a Mac. Did I see a server version?

Post by drakinite »

That is correct. MediaMonkeyServer is cross platform and its GUI is accessible via a web browser. But it's currently in alpha, and many features are either not present or not stable.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Mikey1969

Re: About to install my server on a Mac. Did I see a server version?

Post by Mikey1969 »

Awesome. Thanks for the response. If it's still in Alpha, I'll just use BootCamp for now and run off Windows.