Media Monkey - visual glitch and app crashing bug

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

dud999

Media Monkey - visual glitch and app crashing bug

Post by dud999 »

Is there not an option to upload a screenshot? I don't have the option of hosting it to link to.

At any rate, in the latest MM5 I am getting this application error message:

Application throw an exception Access Violation at address 00406ESF in module Media Monkey Engine.exe. Road of Address 23A3132F.

Would you like to restart in Safe mode?

I am trying to export some music to my ipod classic when this happens. Safe mode is useless for me since I mainly use MM to export to my iPod.

Another bug in MM is visual glitches. It would be much easier to just post a screenshot to demonstrate. At any rate, most of the screen on MM is blank, and the upper three buttons (minimixe, maximize, close) aren't responsive.

This just started happening today.

Can someone please advise? Thanks.
dtsig

Re: Media Monkey - visual glitch and app crashing bug

Post by dtsig »

this link will tell you about images ... https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97733
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dud999

Post by dud999 »

and when I restrt MM I get "Media Server MediaMoneky Library" could not start port 16957 is already in use."

Additiionally MM will not shut down when I choose File>Exit or click the X in the top right. It takes a ctrl+alt+delete to close it.
Last edited by dud999 on Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

this means that MM is set to use port 16957 for the media server. But there is already an app that is using this port. I would start with a reboot then try mm again ... does it still do this?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dud999

Post by dud999 »

thanks that problem didn't reappear when I rebooted but can folks please advise about the other issues, mainly the error when exporting some music?

I think there is a bug w this new version when dragging the app across multiple screens that have different resolutions. That messes up the UI. Buttons become unresponsive and there are empty spaces in the center window where the music titles appear. Earlier versions of MM didn't have this issue.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

dud999 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:47 pm thanks that problem didn't reappear when I rebooted but can folks please advise about the other issues, mainly the error when exporting some music?
I sounds like MM5 is crashing.
The info that you provided so far will not be enough for them to diagnose.
See the procedure here.

I think that you should:
  • otherwise follow the procedure at point #4 in the above link ... there is some work for you to do, but they seem to resolve the great majority of issues
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The port error comes from MediaMonkey still running after close, this has already been fixed in [url-https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/style ... locked.png]MediaMonkey 5.0.4 beta[/url].

For the other errors we'll need a debug log (step 4b). However I recommend trying the latest beta as these issues may also have been fixed already.