Minor device sync. Issues when moving from MM4 to MM5

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

telecore

Minor device sync. Issues when moving from MM4 to MM5

Post by telecore »

I just switched from MM4 to MM5 to sync. my devices and I have noticed some non-critical sync. issues with MM5 and wanted to see if anyone else has seen this:

(1) Syncing of child playlist of auto-playlist results into two playlists being copied to the device

This happens with both the iPhone and USB drives. I wrote a macro to remove duplicates based on artist/title in a smart/auto playlist - it creates a child playlist of the non-smart type with the same name plus a '*' at the end. I select only the child playlist to sync to the iPhone or a USB drive and two playlists will be copied to the devices. If I move the '*' playlist back one level to the same level as the original smart playlist, then only 1 playlist is sync'ed. So I have a solution, but I do not understand why this happens. Is there some issue with child playlists with a smart playlist as a parent?

(2) I am not sure if this is a transitional issue, but MM5 seems to want to re-sync. every file to the iPhone and USB drive when syncing with MM5, at least for the first time after switching from MM4 - this is despite the fact I am sharing the database between MM4 and MM5 - can someone explain this? Also, there seems to be more metadata files sync'ed to USB drives in MM5.
Lowlander

Re: Minor device sync. Issues when moving from MM4 to MM5

Post by Lowlander »

1) Parent Playlists are Synced of selected Child Playlists. So you can't have a Playlist be a Child if you don't want its Parent(s) Synced.

2) Is this still occurring on subsequent Syncs? Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey if this is the case?
telecore

Post by telecore »

I have playlists 3-6 levels deep with empty playlists serving as folders to organize the playlists below. I have never had a parent playlist sync - is that because (until now) all the playlists were empty? I am not sure that I understand the rationale behind automatically syncing a non-empty parent playlist to a device. To me, it makes no sense. Is there any way to turn this feature off?

I am not so worried about everything re-syncing right now, I am just attributing it to switching from MM4 to MM5.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, there is no way to turn this off. For MediaMonkey for Android this nesting is actually maintained on Sync.