Suddenly required 1.600 MB to play a track

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

JanAnthony

Suddenly required 1.600 MB to play a track

Post by JanAnthony »

So I´m a happy user of MediaMonkey_4.1.31.1919. I tried the version 5 for a while but didn´t like it. I´ve been using this one for years on a Gold license.
Yesterday while playing an album from my WD NAS, Flac tracks, it started showing pop-up messages that there were "not enough memory resources to process this command". After another track this led to MediaMonkey shutting down. After that every time I started MM the Winows (11) task manager showed it required over 1.600 MB in memory, while briefly MM showed the track that was last played.
I uninstalled MM, and deleted every single entry on C:\. Re-installed it and MM gave the same problem and shut down.
I did this a couple of times, restarting Windows, deleting temporary files, etc. etc.
Finally the solution was to download and install and activate older versions of MM. First 3, then 4 Beta, and finally again the latest version of 4, this one, the 1919.
Of course now it hasn´t given me the option to choose from what Directory the library should be updated (which is my NAS).
It didn´t even know my NAS was attached to my computer at first. Only after I clicked a track from the NAS to "open with MediaMonkey".
Advantage is that after starting MM it doesn´t spend all that time checking the 1.3 TB of audio. Disadvantage? Don´t know.
So I just wanted to report this glitch. Hope it doesn´t happen again - it took an entire afternoon to fix.