Deleted files reappears when start playing a new song

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Alkjeks

Deleted files reappears when start playing a new song

Post by Alkjeks »

When I delete files from the library, they reappear again at the start of a new song. It just looks to be a visual glitch, because they disappear again when I try to play them, or after refreshing the list (by going to another folder, then back again).

To reproduce, delete one or more files from the library. Doesn't matter if you chose "Delete from the database only" or "Delete from the database and drive". Then start playing any song. You must start a new song from the start, I can't reproduce by unpausing an ongoing song.

I'm using the newest test build (5.0.4.2690)
Lowlander

Re: Deleted files reappears when start playing a new song

Post by Lowlander »

Where do they re-appear? In the Playing in the in the Filelisting? If the latter what Node is selected and what View is enabled?
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

I noticed this too - thought there must have been something seriously wrong with my MM installation so restarted it which solved the problem.
Alkjeks

Post by Alkjeks »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:31 am Where do they re-appear? In the Playing in the in the Filelisting? If the latter what Node is selected and what View is enabled?
It happens in the File Listing, not in the Playing.
I have selected a folder-node in the Media Tree. This folder is under Music > Location > (my local disk). Then in the File Listing I get a list of files vertically, with tags as columns. The View dropdown is set to Browser.
Alkjeks

Post by Alkjeks »

ed.j wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:28 am I noticed this too - thought there must have been something seriously wrong with my MM installation so restarted it which solved the problem.
Good to know I'm not the only one :)
I have restarted MM and my PC many times since I noticed this issue some weeks ago, when cleaning up my library while playing music.
Alkjeks

Post by Alkjeks »

Alkjeks wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:21 pmThe View dropdown is set to Browser.
Did some more testing and noticed I can't reproduce when View is set to "List", "List (by album)", "Grid" and "Grid (by album)". Can only reproduce when View is set to "Browser".
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I've been unable to reproduce this. No removed files are returned. Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the lo to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.
Alkjeks

Post by Alkjeks »

Ok, I have reproduced in a debug build and captured debug log.
Submitted ticket #5175.
PP76

Post by PP76 »

Hello,

Any update on this bug?
This makes song deleting very painful while it was working well in previous versions.

Thank you !
PP76

Post by PP76 »

Also selected song unselect itself making it even more painful because to effectively delete a song from database and drive you now need to select it then wait then reselect it then remove it then it reappears then you double-click on it and then it's gone finally.
While before it took less than a sec since you just had to press Delete then Enter on Keyboard.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using? So far logs provided show no reason, and it isn't reproducible by us. Please provide both a screencast so the developer can see the precise circumstances and a debug log (step 4b) reproducing this: viewtopic.php?t=86643
PP76

Post by PP76 »

Hello,

Latest build MM 5.04.2690
Don't know how to post a screencast but Alkjeks has exactly described the bug.
Whatever the view whatever the node deleted song from database and drive reappears when starting a new song in the list.
Only way to get it removed for real from the list is either try to play it by double clicking on it or restart MM.
Tried to uninstall and reinstall MM but it didn't change anyting.

Not sure this helps sorry
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

viewtopic.php?t=86643 describes a method to do a screencast.