Does not empty emptied playlist on sync [#20061]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

gordol

Does not empty emptied playlist on sync [#20061]

Post by gordol »

Not sure if this is an MMA or MMW sync issue:

Have a Smart Playlist with at least one track in it. Do something to change the metadata on the track(s) that causes them to fall out of the playlist, does not matter if that is done on the desktop or the phone so long as when syncing next the playlist gets emptied on the desktop. Then sync.

The playlist in MMW5 is properly empty. The playlist in MMA still has the last tracks that were there at the start of the sync.
rusty

Re: Does not empty emptied playlist on sync

Post by rusty »

Do you have MMA sync configured to 'Delete all unselected files' or 'Unselected server files'?

Thanks!

-Rusty
gordol

Post by gordol »

Since I have my entire music collection sync mirrored to the phone, it's not a file deletion I'm talking about, it's removing the track from the playlist on the phone that is now empty on the desktop.

"Delete unselected server files" is the option that was selected.
rusty

Post by rusty »

hmmm.... I just tested by syncing an auto-playlist consisting of the 10 last played tracks, and
- if I play a new track in MMW and sync, the playlist updates in MMA
- if I play a new track in MMA and sync, the playlist updates in MMA and MMW
- and if I play an existing track in MMW and sync, the playlist order updates in MMA

Can you think of any other factors in your case?

-Rusty
gordol

Post by gordol »

Smart Playlist in question here is set to have only tracks that are unplayed (ie, no last-played time stamp at all, to have only newly added tracks until they are played at least once).

Steps to reproduce: Play all tracks over time. Sync.

When the playlist still has tracks in it, syncing will remove the played items from this playlist. Until it should remove the last item(s). After the last track is played and then MM is synced, MMW5 properly updates the playlist on the desktop, but that last change is not reflected back to MMA and the phone side still has the last remaining track(s) in the playlist.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Unfortunately I still can't replicate this :-(

If I sync after the auto-playlist has updated, then the sync operation proceeds as expected (assuming the 'Delete from device':'All unselected files' is enabled).

Can you think of anything else that might be triggering this behavior?

-Rusty
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Can replicate: Make a new smart playlist, tracks with comment "sync test". Put that comment into a few tracks. Playlist in MMW gets filled. Sync to MMA, playlist is there and filled. Clear the comments in MMW. Playlist in MMW is empty. Sync to MMA. Playlist still filled there.

Doesn't matter if the changes that empties the said playlist are done in MMW or MMA, and then a sync is done. The playlist in MMW gets empty, the playlist in MMA retains the latest track status.

Sync seems to fail when a formerly filled playlist becomes empty due to the sync. The bug existed in MMA 1.x, I can't find the related logs in Mantis right now.

As workaround, i just delete the playlist on MMA. THEN the next sync will carry over the empty list.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
gordol

Post by gordol »

Andre_H wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:54 am As workaround, i just delete the playlist on MMA. THEN the next sync will carry over the empty list.
I don't want to delete the playlist, just the content. The list in question here is used to catch music that has no last-played tag.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

I got that, thats why i called it a "workaround". A deleted playlist, that is still in your sync profile will be recreated on the next sync, and then empty, if it's empty in MMW.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
gordol

Post by gordol »

gordol wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:21 pm Have a Smart Playlist with at least one track in it. Do something to change the metadata on the track(s) that causes them to fall out of the playlist, does not matter if that is done on the desktop or the phone so long as when syncing next the playlist gets emptied on the desktop. Then sync.

The playlist in MMW5 is properly empty. The playlist in MMA still has the last tracks that were there at the start of the sync.
This is still a problem. No updates on MMW5, MMA is now on 2 beta 1084
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks! I'm able to replicate. Tracking at: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20061

-Rusty
rusty

Re: Does not empty emptied playlist on sync [#20061]

Post by rusty »

This should be fixed in build 1095+ (to be available as a testing build shortly).

-Rusty
gordol

Post by gordol »

Behavior remains broken in b1095. Playlist is empty in MMW, MMA still shows a track.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
out of curiosity, can you add some other track to playlist and see if it updates? I am unable to replicate on three of my devices in 1095.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gordol

Post by gordol »

Did that, no change. Last song remains in the playlist. I have to change the playlist itself for the last item to be removed automatically.