Classical Music Not Syncing

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

tugadaq1

Classical Music Not Syncing

Post by tugadaq1 »

Switching from MM4 to MM5 and ran into sync problems on Android 12. Went back to MM4, cleared cache and data and resynced. Everything OK. Returned to MM5 and sync began to duplicate playlists and files. Again cleared cache and data and resynced with MM5. After 2 passes there were files still missing. Investigating, it appears that any files of type=Classical did not sync. I am syncing to playlists which contain both types (Music and Classical). MM4 was never a problem.
Barry4679

Re: Classical Music Not Syncing

Post by Barry4679 »

Check the Sync Profile panel for your Device (Devices&Services>yourDevice in MM5).
Look at the FileLocations panel. There are separate target locations for "Musical" and "Classical"
Maybe that leads to the answer of your issue?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using MMA on Android? If so do the classical file show in the Classical music section of MMA or are they not on the device at all?
tugadaq1

Post by tugadaq1 »

Profile in both MM4 and MM5 are identical. They are the default settings which means Classical music goes in its on folder on Android. Digging a little deeper, it appears that they are downloading to Android. But they are not appearing in the playlist. I have one playlist that is exclusively classical and that is functioning correctly. Bottom line, it appears that MM4 is able to handle mixed Classical and Music playlists with the default settings and MM5 is not. I will alter the default settings by putting Classical Music with same folder structure as Music in Android and try again and hopefully that will solve the issue – I will update when that is complete. But it appears there is a bug in the way MM5 handles mixed playlists with the default settings.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I tried to reproduce with MediaMonkey 5.0.4 and MMA 2.0 doing a wi-fi Sync, but I couldn't. The mixed Type Playlist has both Music and Classical Music after Sync in MMA.

Which exact version of MMW and MMA are you using and are you doing a USB or wi-fi Sync?
tugadaq1

Post by tugadaq1 »

That resolved the classical music issue. All classical music appears in the genre and album nodes which was not the case before I made the change. Most also appear in the playlist nodes. Having said that, I still have an issue with some tracks (both classical and music) not appearing in the playlists. They have been downloaded and appear in all the other nodes, but not in the appropriate playlists. Deleted everything from Android, zeroed out the data/cache, uninstalled and reinstalled Android. Same issue, but lost a few more files from the playlist. A second pass picks up a few more files but a third pass does nothing. There is no commonality I can find about the missing files. Some are converted flac files (other converted flac files are ok), some are unconverted mp3 files (others are Ok), some are unconverted wma files (others are ok). This is all done over wi-fi sync. Android MM is version is 1.4.4.0956 on android 12 (kernel version 4.14.113) and Computer version 5.0.2.2532 on Win 10 21H2 (Build 19044.2364).
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Computer version 5.0.2.2532
You absolutely need to update your computer version of MM5

The latest build 5.0.4.2690 has resolved many bugs from earlier versions.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
tugadaq1

Post by tugadaq1 »

Update solve all of those issues included the original 'classical' problem. Thank you. I am a bit embarrassed, because that is usually my first step. Think I did that but may have used system restore shortly after that.