[REQ] Display "Date" in Now Playing Screen MMA5

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Dave_In_NH

[REQ] Display "Date" in Now Playing Screen MMA5

Post by Dave_In_NH »

Listening to playlists with friends, the first question to come up is, "What's the name of this song?" usually followed by "Who is this?" and the third most common question is "WHAT YEAR IS THIS?"

I can get the year by clicking on the menu, three vertical dots, on the bottom right of the screen, then clicking on "Properties."

Would love to have the date, (be it release date or date), to be listed right under the name of the song and the name of the artist!
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum
Lowlander

Re: Display "Date" in Now Playing Screen MMA5

Post by Lowlander »

You can configure what Preview shows (Tools > Options > Preview), what the Playing window shows (Tools > Options > Playing list), switch the Playing node to the Album Art View which shows date, or set the Player to include Date under Tools > Options > Playback rules for the applicable Type(s).
Dave_In_NH

Re: Display "Date" in Now Playing Screen MMA5

Post by Dave_In_NH »

Thanks Lowlander! This works on MediaMonkey5 for Windows; I'm looking for a way to do this with MediaMonkey5 for Android. Is that possible?
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Display "Date" in Now Playing Screen MMA5

Post by Lowlander »

No, MMA doesn't have this type of customization available.
Dave_In_NH

Post by Dave_In_NH »

Too bad. Maybe in the future. Thanks for your help!
rusty

Post by rusty »

Great idea, and shouldn't be too difficult to implement in the future. Thanks!

-Rusty
cyd

Post by cyd »

Same request goes for MMA for Android Auto. :D
It would be very cool to customise the buttons. E.g. I would prefer to have the rate+ button instead of the previous song button on the main screen.
Also an customization would be perfect if the user prefers half star ratings on android auto or only full stars.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
cyd wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:34 am Same request goes for MMA for Android Auto. :D
It would be very cool to customise the buttons. E.g. I would prefer to have the rate+ button instead of the previous song button on the main screen.
Also an customization would be perfect if the user prefers half star ratings on android auto or only full stars.
I guess that you can use steering wheel controls to advance to PREV/NEXT, so that is why you do not need them on screen?

As for customizing, we are trying to figure out best way to do that, but as Google constantly changing things it can take time :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
cyd

Post by cyd »

That is one reason, too.
But my main reason is that currently I can only reduce the rating with one press. Too increase the rating I need to press the three dots and increase the rating.
As I listen music most of my time while driving, I love to rate the songs on the road trip via Android auto. That is the reason why I wish to have the rating buttons with most priority.

I would even prefer to have only rating buttons with the progress slider. Then I can rate the songs and jump to any place in the song. Previous and next song I can switch via the steering control :-)
But I guess the use case is special and so that's why I ask for customization.