Error messages

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

_Chris_

Error messages

Post by _Chris_ »

While starting up MM4, it always comes up with loads of error messages with a red background, saying something along the lines of: 'Finished importing tracks for playlist C:\MediaMonkey\Playlist.m3u with errors - click here to download full scan logs'
Has anyone else here come across this?
Lowlander

Re: Error messages

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you have Folder Monitoring enabled, and that specific Playlist is having issues on import. Have you checked the log if it helps identify which files on the Playlist are causing problems?
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

Thank you - have clicked on scan logs and have found a load of 'File not founds:'. It seems to be looking on the C drive, but all of my tracks were moved from there to the X drive a few years ago.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Playlists can have absolute Paths pointing to specific locations. These would need to be fixed (in any text editor like Notepad) for MediaMonkey to look in the correct location for the files when scanning the Playlist.

The same is true, if the Playlist itself is on the C drive and the Paths are relative Paths looking on the same drive as the Playlist. Then you may want to move the Playlist to the X drive relative to the files on the X drive.
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

Thank you, how do I fix that please?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As mentioned, you can edit Playlist files in any text editor (like Notepad). It will show Paths, these need to be corrected to point to the actual file.
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:21 pm As mentioned, you can edit Playlist files in any text editor (like Notepad). It will show Paths, these need to be corrected to point to the actual file.
Yep, I did see that, but where do I find the playlists please?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You posted its location in the first post as part of the error message. So I would assume: C:\MediaMonkey\Playlist.m3u
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

I did see that when I posted it, but my MM is installed on my external hard drive (portable installation), with nothing to do with MM on the internal one (C).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check what you're scanning in Add/Rescan Files. You may have included a location on C to be scanned.
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

Thanks, seems to be okay now.