[SOLVED] Playlist OR criteria Question

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Dryst

[SOLVED] Playlist OR criteria Question

Post by Dryst »

I am trying out the latest available MediaMonkey after over a year. You have made lots of progress with it, and it is working with no issues yet. Nicely done.

I have a question regarding playlists. I am creating playlists, but they get sorted alphabetical. Is there any way that I can create folders to add specific types of playlists under? Take a look at this example:

My imported playlist "Electronica" contains unique music that I wish to hear of this genre. I have a playlist that filters music not played in the last 90 days to prevent hearing repeats-- Electronic Not Heard In 90 Days. Notice that I have a second playlist called R&B, Pop, Rock, Metal Not Heard In 90 Days. It would be nice if I could place both of these playlist under a folder for organization. Is it possible to do such a thing?

Secondly, for my playlist filter it would be nice it I can add not played music at a higher chance of getting selected in Auto DJ. I am not finding a way to do this. Is this possible? I will eventually play all of my music, and I am constantly adding new music to my collection. I wish to hear new music before older played songs, so increasing the chances of Auto DJ selecting not yet played music would be fantastic.
Lowlander

Re: Playlist Questions

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you can Drag & Drop Playlists on each other for creating an organization hierarchy.

There is no criteria to make less played files be prioritized. However you could use Last Played to exclude files played recently.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Thanks.

What I did was create a new empty playlist called "Not Played In 90 Days". I then dragged the two other play lists under it. This does what I wanted via creating a single folder for the two other playlists.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:30 pm There is no criteria to make less played files be prioritized. However you could use Last Played to exclude files played recently.
Yes -- I am excluding files now in my playlist. When I buy a new release, it would be nice to include music from the new release in the same playlist more often. There are a couple of ways to implement such a feature. One way is to add "OR" conditions to playlist filter logic. My existing filter is:

Code: Select all

Last Played > 90 (days ago)
If I was able to add this:

Code: Select all

Last Played > 90 (days ago) OR Played # = 0
With the expectation being that Auto DJ has a 50% change of selecting music that was last played > 90 days and a 50% chance of selecting music never before played, this would be exactly what I was looking for.

Other ways of implementing this is adding an option to allow Auto DJ to prioritize newer music.

There's a few ways to implement this.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can create an AutoPlaylists of AutoPlaylists. So if you create:

AutoPlaylist 1 with 150 files Added < 90 days
AutoPlaylist 2 with 100 files Added > 90 days
AutoPlaylist 3 equals AutoPlaylist 1 & 2 you'd be able to prioritize newer files.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
you can also try nested criteria eg. something like this:
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Peke wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:16 pm Hi,
you can also try nested criteria eg. something like this:
Ah -- got it. Thanks. The nested criteria using Any at the top is the same as OR.

This should do it.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
My pleasure. glad you like MM5 now.

Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts