Grayed out files in playlists?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Skullneck

Grayed out files in playlists?

Post by Skullneck »

I've been updated my library by updating file names, moving mp3 files around, and deleting duplicates. Afterwards I go in my playlists and I see some grayed out songs. I figure this due to some of the duplicates I've deleted were in the mp3s referenced in the playlist. No problem, I figure this is the cost of cleaning stuff up.

The problem I have is that when I search for the song in MM, and find it, it doesn't play. If I go to the song in Window Explorer and tell it to play with another mp3 player, it plays. I then, in windows, I restore a backup copy of the mp3 and the previously grayed out playlist item now plays. What's really weird is Windows asks if I want to replace the file in the destination when I'm restoring the backup, so the file is already there!

Is there a better way to handle playlist when messing with all the tracks in the library?
Lowlander

Re: Grayed out files in playlists?

Post by Lowlander »

Please see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... s-to-play/

This Addon can replace copies on Playlists and delete them too. I'd recommend it for managing duplicates in MediaMonkey 4: viewtopic.php?t=13000&hilit=advanced+duplicate

You may need to Locate Moved/Missing Files to match files on Playlists with unremoved copies of the files.