Autoplaylist - logic bug?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

adamlove

Autoplaylist - logic bug?

Post by adamlove »

This software is awesome by the way!

So, I have Parent Autoplaylists set up with conditions such as 115-135 BPM like below:

I have Child Autoplaylists set up to use only their Parent playlist (eg 115-135), but to also filter ratings conditions (such as 5 Star):

However you'll see, I'm getting false positives - Child Autoplaylist contains a 5 Star track with no BPM set (Show Me What You Got). This isn't contained in the Parent Playlist or any of the other Child Playlists.

The workaround for the meantime, will do for now but a little tedious, has been to go through and click parent, then unclick all child autoplaylists.

It appears to be logically incorrect - would this be undesired behaviour?

Anyway, thank you for all your great work!
Lowlander

Re: Autoplaylist - logic bug?

Post by Lowlander »

Chech which Playlists are actually included. The 5 star Playlist includes the 5 star Playlist. As it can't include itself, it likely is different playlist with the same name, thus explaining the included files.
Peke

Post by Peke »

adamlove wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:40 pm o, I have Parent Autoplaylists set up with conditions such as 115-135 BPM like below:
Why You use double Criteria when you can set BPM -> Between -> 115-135 ???
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
adamlove

Post by adamlove »

Peke wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:46 pm
adamlove wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:40 pm o, I have Parent Autoplaylists set up with conditions such as 115-135 BPM like below:
Why You use double Criteria when you can set BPM -> Between -> 115-135 ???
Ha! Yes fair call - thank you!
adamlove

Post by adamlove »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:57 pm Chech which Playlists are actually included. The 5 star Playlist includes the 5 star Playlist. As it can't include itself, it likely is different playlist with the same name, thus explaining the included files.
Ah - yes I did previously have two more playlists (outside of this family of lists) that were named the same thing. Have since deleted them however as I fine tune my mobile sync/DJ software playlists.

Thanks again.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am curious what DJ software you use on Mobile? Somehow this feels that you loose much time maintaining the playlists rather than enjoying working on your DJ software and that more you expand number of playlists it become harder and prone to mistakes.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts