Grid doesn't show Album after Rip

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

TheEmpathicEar

Grid doesn't show Album after Rip

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Also, after both rips, when I am in GRIDbyALBUM View, usually I can start typing a search for album names in between any two albums. It does not work [or I am doing something wrong] until I close MM5 and restart. This may need it's own thread?
Lowlander

Re: Grid doesn't show Album after Rip

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying this is a refresh issue where the newly ripped Album isn't shown? Does F5 help? What node in the Media Tree are you in when this happens?
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

https://imgur.com/a/2POaxND
Usually, in this view, I can just start typing and a search dialog will popup. So, if this does not happen, why not?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you search type to search fails or that when using type to search the new Album isn't located? If the latter, can you confirm that the new Album is missing from this list and that F5 fails allow type to search to work.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:06 pm Are you search type to search fails or that when using type to search the new Album isn't located? If the latter, can you confirm that the new Album is missing from this list and that F5 fails allow type to search to work.
Sorry. I just realized you were talking about ripped album not displaying. That's not the problem. What I meant to say is what I said above.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not sure what the problem is. Tried type to search in Grid View and it worked.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:53 pm I'm not sure what the problem is. Tried type to search in Grid View and it worked.
This is the first time it has not worked for me. Twice, each time immediately after a rip. Maybe I am in a different mode where the search does not work? It's confusing to me as well. This is good time to repeat what I said earlier: If I close MM5 and restart, the view appears exactly the same to me, but the search by typing works again as usual.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It may be that the Filelisting isn't the active panel. Try clicking in it when this happens, then try type to search again.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:34 pm It may be that the Filelisting isn't the active panel. Try clicking in it when this happens, then try type to search again.
Yes, this is it what I did a number of times.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) (preferably from before this starts happening) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

As far as a debug log, I can copy over the regular version with the debug version?

I wanted to reiterate that the only time this has happened is when I did a rip incorrectly. IOW, "+ADD", adding CDAs references to the database. And, then doing a proper rip of the CD to MP3s. Also, I can get back to normal by simple closing MM5 and restarting it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you can install the debug version on top of the existing regular install.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:34 pm Yes, you can install the debug version on top of the existing regular install.
The instructions indicate that you try to reproduce the issue and capture it happening. At the moment, I do not have a CD. As I have posted here, doing this incorrect step, followed by a rip led to the issue?
EDIT: I forgot. After adding the CDAs to the database and the MP3s, I removed both of these from both the database and hard drive. After this, I did a rip of the CD to MP3s again.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:34 pm Yes, you can install the debug version on top of the existing regular install.
I have a CD now [from the library] to test. I downloaded the debug version of MM5. How do I know if I remembered to install it? Or, does it matter and you can install over it twice?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Help > About will show this. You can install on top again though.