Missing Artwork on Virgin Sync to SD Card

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

nwBlackDog

Missing Artwork on Virgin Sync to SD Card

Post by nwBlackDog »

I'm running MMW 5.0.4.2690 on Windows 11. I transfer the entire library to an Android Tablet via an SD Card by syncing the SD Card on the Windows 11 platform. After synchronization, I manually install the SD Card in the Android Tablet. In the past, I found this the most reliable method and was (mainly) successful.

I upgraded MMW recently but not quite sure when. However, now NO artwork is transferred to the SD Card. All the albums and tracks are transferred over but no artwork makes it.

Thinking to eliminate variables, I started for a freshly formatted SD card. And I did a File->Manage Database->Clear + File->Manage Database->Rebuild prior to synchronization. Afterward synchronization, I checked the SD Card and no artwork makes it over. All artwork is stored along with all tracks in a separate folder for each album on the Windows 11 machine.

I'm not sure where MMW is expected to store artwork but I searched the entire SD Card for artwork files and found nothing. Then I read the database file on the SD Card @ /MediaMonkey/meta_files/v3/main.db.zip (I've got a sqlite db reader). Looking @ the 'media' table inside of main.db, the album_art field is empty for all 4000+ tracks.

I've spent the last 1/2 hour reading through all the posts concerning 'Missing Artwork', all I was able to determine is many folks have problems in this area but I can't tell if this functionality is supposed to work or it is known to be broken. So my question is, should this work? And if so, what can I do to get artwork transferred to the SD card? And finally, should the artwork location be posted in the MediaMonkey main.db album_art field?

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Missing Artwork on Virgin Sync to SD Card

Post by Lowlander »

Is there no Artwork in any App or not in MMA (if so which version)? How is Artwork set to be Synced in the Sync settings?