Adding multiple songs to playlist causes strange dupe detect

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

MarineBrat

Adding multiple songs to playlist causes strange dupe detect

Post by MarineBrat »

I'm on RC4, and trying to add to an existing playlist. I go to Library/Rating/5 Stars, and select several (CTL-CLICK) songs. Right click and select Send To/Playlist/Playlist Name. I get a collision notification about a song that's not one of the songs I've selected to add, nor is it in the playlist.

Last night it was doing even more bizarre things, like insisting that the ten songs I've selected and tried to add to the playlist were colliding with ten entirely different songs.

I've tried doing maintenance on the MDB but it's still doing it. Is my database hosed or is this a bug?
pah68

Post by pah68 »

I can confirm this.

I've been trying to see if it's related to one of the new scripts I have installed. But so far can't tell if it is.

I've had this same behaviour happen on two different machines.

I use the send to Playlist option a lot to help me catergorise files for mass tagging.

It seems to happen after a few successful send to's. Once it starts getting it wrong I need to restart monkey to fix it.

Basically it tries to send previous files I've selected to the playlist regardless of what I highlight. I only knew it was happening because of the Duplicate Playlist entry notification. I can drag and drop to a playlist successfully though.
Bex

Post by Bex »

I've also had some troubles with the "send to" feature but it went away with a restart. I never could reproduce it. The problem I had was that eventhough i changed the tracks i sent it actually was the same all the time. e.g. the first three songs in a list. Just like the send to feature didnt understand that the lists has changed.

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

pah68 wrote:I've been trying to see if it's related to one of the new scripts I have installed. But so far can't tell if it is.
Good thought.... I installed LibraryPanes v0.1.1, just before this all started. I just removed LibraryPanes and tried to reproduce the problem, and thus far I can't reproduce. Perhaps there's a connection.

Edit an hour or two later:

I just added almost two hundred songs to that playlist without a problem. The only thing I've done was to take LibraryPanes.vbs out of my Scripts\Auto directory.
Abel

Post by Abel »

I've seen the same thing. I have seen it several times, but have been unable to identify the situation where it happens. It appears to be related to having played something since startup, and maybe if my portable player (just a diskdrive) is connected. Once it clears up I can't find the sequence that causes the problem.

The reason I thought it was related to the portable player (A Sansa E140) being connected is that it happened both times when I was trying to create a playlist to sync files to the player. Not sure if it kept trying to copy the last played file to the playlist (instead of the album that I tried to send to the playlist) or just some other file.

Since I'm not the only one I'll try to keep an eye on it next time.

EDIT: This happened with RC3 also.

Abel
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

MarineBrat wrote:I installed LibraryPanes v0.1.1, just before this all started. I just removed LibraryPanes and tried to reproduce the problem, and thus far I can't reproduce.
I take it back. It's happening again, and I have not reinstalled LibraryPanes.
Last edited by MarineBrat on Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bex

Post by Bex »

I was able to reproduce some strange bahaviour. Can others test this instruction to see if you also get what i did.

1) Create a new playlist
2) Goto another playlist and send the first song to the new playlist
3) Send the same song again
4) Now I got duplicate errors on a whole buch of songs eventhough it only was one song i send??
5) Checking in the new playlist and I see a buch of songs. Trying to figure out what they are it seems they are songs from a previous Auto-playlist I opened a while ago.

I'll do some more testing and see if I can figure out was is going on.

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
hars

Post by hars »

same thing has happened to me. but if i drag and drop the same track, instead of send to, it works.
Bex

Post by Bex »

And now after a restart of MM it's not reproducable.
BTW the tracks came from the playlist under the new playlist...

All My Scripts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i got the same thing on the old version of media monkey.

but i got it when clicking to different playlists and the now playing list.

all the songs ended up on the now playing list and they were there.

only like bex it seems to go away when a reboot is done?

must be something messing with the way the m3u playlist is created?

but like i said that was in the old version i still have not updated to the lastest release version. why ? cause i am testing something for another error. but it seems that i might as well since the other error is still there. :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »