[SOLVED] Default action for files is wrong [#20028]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Rob_S

Re: Default action for files.

Post by Rob_S »

Thanks for persisting - you hit it on the head. :oops:
and also for Music Type in Playback rules options or you have default set? Note that Playback rules setting overrides default action set in Playback.
My playback rules for music was set to "selected and subsequent". All good now!!!

Whenever there are many ways to do things, there are correspondingly many ways to screw up.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Peke

Re: Default action for files.

Post by Peke »

Rob_S wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:46 pm Whenever there are many ways to do things, there are correspondingly many ways to screw up.
Yeah exactly, that is why I was so persistent ;) Glad we found it out.

EDIT: I added https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20028 in order to let users know which rule is applied/executed
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Rob_S

Re: [SOLVED] Default action for files is wrong [#20028]

Post by Rob_S »

OK, That is good idea to advise what is the rule being followed. Would it also be necesary to somehow include which option screen has the rule implemented??

Like, I kept seeing my options set as indicated, not knowing that there was another place to set another rule, which would overrule the first (default) rule. :wink:
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Rob_S wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:20 pm OK, That is good idea to advise what is the rule being followed. Would it also be necesary to somehow include which option screen has the rule implemented??
Toast messages can support links to Setup Options if needed. We will see, added to bug.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

OK, so now that I changed the setting so that only the double-clicked track is added to now playing, I SOMETIMES:

- would like to ADD the entire current main window list (be it search or playlist or album) to the now playing, or
- would like to REPLACE the entire now playing with the current main window display.

Is there any existing easy way to do any of these three different methods without going back to reset my options? For reference I had it set to "Clear list and play selected and subsequent"

With the settings as above, I am also finding that the double-clicked track does play now even in shuffle mode.