b1084 playback restarts after pause [#20053]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

gordol

b1084 playback restarts after pause [#20053]

Post by gordol »

b1084, Samsung s22U, Android 13, fully updated

This must be an interaction of some kind but I cannot figure it out myself.

Three times tonight, when specifically or implicitly pausing playback instead of resuming MMA started playback from the start of the track, but did NOT restart the progress bar.

First time, playback was initially via Android Auto, I turned off the car and unplugged the phone, like I've done at least twice a day for the past two years, and then resumed playback via bluetooth in the car. Reached where I was going, turned off the car again pausing playback.

Second time, playback resumes via a bluetooth speaker in my home. After doing some house stuff, I pause playback and sync the library. I resume by starting a playlist fresh, so this one does not count. After a few tracks I pause it to do something else entirely. While I'm doing that something else, the speaker times out and shuts itself off.

Some time later, third time happens when I go to resume playback just on the phone itself with no external speaker connected.

This did not happen yesterday, and it did not happen earlier in the day. So something changed today to cause this.

There were a number of apps that updated today from the Play Store between when it was behaving normally and when this weirdness started:
  • Google Chrome
  • Gmail
  • Youtube
  • MS Authenticator
  • Voice Access
  • Google Photos
  • Google Play Books
  • 70mai
  • Google
  • Reddit
and I cannot figure out what any of those would have to do with this. (70mai is the phone app companion to my car's dashcam, and only runs on demand when I want to download a video or check for camera firmware updates.)

I sent two logs, one of them is ID 6HGLWVEML1, I failed to capture the log ID of the other one.
rusty

Re: b1084 playback restarts after pause

Post by rusty »

Hi Gordol,

Thanks for the report! Looking into it.

Quick questions:
- in the case where you paused playback explicitly, DYK if it was via MMA or via the notifications player?
- in the third case, when you resumed playback on the phone, did you do so directly within MMA or via the lockscreen/notification player?

Thanks!

-Rusty
gordol

Post by gordol »

And now, it's working properly. Zero changes made.
rusty wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:46 am Quick questions:
- in the case where you paused playback explicitly, DYK if it was via MMA or via the notifications player?
- in the third case, when you resumed playback on the phone, did you do so directly within MMA or via the lockscreen/notification player?
In the car bluetooth was an auto-start (headunit sends a play command when connected, whatever the last active player on the phone was starts playing). The others would most likely have been via the home screen widget.
rusty

Post by rusty »

OK--thanks. It seems to be sporadic, but I was able to replicate a variant of this as well. Hopefully the debug logs will help get to the bottom of this.

Tracking at: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20053

-Rusty
gordol

Post by gordol »

rusty wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:45 am OK--thanks. It seems to be sporadic, but I was able to replicate a variant of this as well. Hopefully the debug logs will help get to the bottom of this.

Tracking at: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20053

-Rusty
Would the variant be the other one I filed, viewtopic.php?t=104372 , or this other one: viewtopic.php?t=104370 ?
rusty

Re: b1084 playback restarts after pause [#20053]

Post by rusty »

The common thread is that the track changes to the track before or after when playback is resumed or otherwise restarted after having been paused.

Thanks!

-Rusty
Darkassassin07

Post by Darkassassin07 »

I've been noticing this quite a bit as well. Usually when playback is paused by my headphones disconnecting (I take them out and put them in the case without manually pausing). When I put them back in and go to the notification to resume playback; the notification usually ignores my input; then when I open the main app and press play, the current (paused) song restarts from the beginning.
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, this is fixed in build 1089 which is now rolling out if you're subscribed to test builds. Let us know if it works for you.

Thanks!

-Rusty
Darkassassin07

Post by Darkassassin07 »

Seems to be fixed for me.

Playback/resuming has been more stable and the notification has kept up with the current track correctly.

Great work guys! :)