Adding Wikipedia link to MusicBrainz doesn't update in MM5

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

piphomer

Adding Wikipedia link to MusicBrainz doesn't update in MM5

Post by piphomer »

Hello.

I have added some Wikipedia links to the entries of certain albums into MusicBrainz, but these don't seem to flow back into MM5 and I still fail to see any album info.

As an example, I noticed there was no album info for Josh Ritter's "Gathering" album. Looking on MusicBrainz, I saw there was no Wikipedia link - so I added one.

https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/9 ... 78716cb806

But now, a month later, I still see none of the Wikipedia info in my MM5 instance.

The same is true for several other albums where I have done the same.

Do I need to refresh something to start seeing the Wikipedia info, have I done something wrong/incomplete, or is there a bug?

Thanks

Pip
Lowlander

Re: Adding Wikipedia link to MusicBrainz doesn't update in MM5

Post by Lowlander »

Wikipedia in MediaMonkey would be independent. Did you use the Info Panel to lookup on Wikipedia, or manually match the correct match?
Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using?
piphomer

Post by piphomer »

Hi Lowlander, thanks for replying.

I'm not sure what your first sentence means: Wikipedia in Mediamonkey would be independent (of what?)

To be honest, I don't really understand your second sentence either (sorry!!!). But: when I go to this album ("Gathering") in MM5 I see no info. So I click on the three dots to the right of the shuffle icon near the album name. I then hover over "Switch/Edit album" and a list of albums pops up. The first entry says "Gathering (album)" and I take it this what MM5 is already using, and which is empty. None of the other albums in the list match this album.So at this point, earlier, I selected "Edit album in MusicBrainz". This took me to MusicBrainz, where I saw that the album's entry there had no wikipedia link. So I added it, over a month ago in this instance. But still I get no album info in MM5.

I am using build 5.0.5.2695

Thanks

Pip
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure Wikipedia has the info on the Album? If it's matched to the correct Album it seems that there is no info available on Wikipedia for that Album.

Do no Albums and Artist show the Wikipedia info in the Info Panel?
piphomer

Post by piphomer »

Yes 100% sure.

You can see it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gathering ... prov=sfla1

Most albums (that have Wikipedia pages) show the info perfectly. It's just these ones, that didn't have the wiki page linked until I added them, that don't display the info.

Pip
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm confused, is the info now showing, or still not showing after manually matching? You could try latest MediaMonkey 2024 beta and see if that fixes it.
piphomer

Post by piphomer »

I can't manually match, because MM is not showing the album in the list of possible matches.

I can post some screen shots tomorrow if it helps?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

With the Album Artist, Album and Artist all being correct in MediaMonkey it doesn't find the correct match? Did this change with MediaMonkey 2024?

Screenshots: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97733 (however only if this issue happens on the latest 2024 does it make sense to troubleshoot further).
piphomer

Post by piphomer »

"With the Album Artist, Album and Artist all being correct in MediaMonkey it doesn't find the correct match? Did this change with MediaMonkey 2024?"

Yes, doesn't find correct match with all that info correct.

I haven't tried MM2024 yet. I'm not generally keen on using beta software so maybe I'll just have to wait.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Ah, let us know if the problem persists once you do upgrade to MediaMonkey 2024. We can troubleshoot it on that version.