Page 1 of 1

"Movie" Type groups everything as a single "Album" [#22250]

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2026 6:10 pm
by jtwographics
I'm using Media Monkey (v2024.2.2.3222) to manage a large audio/video library of all my CD's, DVD's and Blu-ray's that have been converted to digital. I have a collection titled "Movies" (media type is "Video) and when I set the View type to Grid (by Album) or List (by Album), Media Monkey groups everything into a single entry. The plain List works correctly.

I used to have this problem in Media Monkey 4, but converting the media kind to TV showed the Series category had "Movies" in the field. When I deleted that entry, they separated in the Grid or List by Album views. I have converted the files to all the different media types to find a metadata field with an entry that would cause them to all be grouped together, but I can't find anything.

Does anyone have suggestions of how to fix this?

Thanks,
Lee

Re: "Movie" Type groups everything as a single "Album"

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2026 6:27 pm
by Lowlander
I see no method to achieve this (other then Type = Music Video). Added as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=22250

Re: "Movie" Type groups everything as a single "Album" [#22250]

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2026 9:19 pm
by jtwographics
Well I am glad to know it's not something simple that I had missed. Thank you for logging this as such an urgent fix.

Lee

Re: "Movie" Type groups everything as a single "Album" [#22250]

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2026 4:43 pm
by Lowlander
For now you can use the All Videos sub-node if you want to view a grid of movies. You may need to enable it.