I need big fonts please, help me

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

PLANETABLOG

I need big fonts please, help me

Post by PLANETABLOG »

Good bless the people responsible for creating this program. The only thing that is stoping me from saying that this program is perfect for me, is the ability to change the font.
I'll be using my tv to navigate this program and that's why I must change the favor. I need help please

Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can change the Windows font size to big (Control Panel > Accessability).

Bigger font and especially an easier TV interface have been requested. Maybe we get lucky and find this in MediaMonkey 3.o by the end of the year.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

what lowlander was saying in short was that you are able to control some of the font's sizes by the windows desktop. for the menu and some buttons.

he did not say that the other fonts are controled by the theme.engine for the skin.
you can change size and color in there for the ones that don't get changed by the desktop.

i would just make the ones that get changed by the desktop black and make the background of the button that they are on a lighter color because it will be changed by the users desktop settings anyway and most people have black fonts. the ones that don't know how to change them and would see that they are needed to be changed if they use light colored font on their explore skin.

so making the fonts on the control menu buttons black is the best idea for most the users.

but there is also a font ini file that will also control fonts on the list view it is mostly used to make striped backgrounds have fonts that work.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
salamat

Post by salamat »

I also want to change the fontcolor in MM, because I prefer to use my own picture as background, and sometimes black font are hard to see.....is there a way to do this? You mention a font ini file that will also control fonts.. How do I manipulate this ini file?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think the Fonts.ini works for the player and the main window background only. To change the fonts colours of your skin you need to download Theme Editor (the Skins-Tools section of my website has a copy), open the .mskn file and edit the appropriate fonts.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

trixmoto is right the ini is not for the fonts in the lists. so much as it is for the player.

get the skinning engine from his or my site and change the file of your skin you want to use from wsz to .zip unzip it in to a new folder so all the files are only for the skin in that folder. then put the skin engine in that folder. start it and then open the theme.mskn file.

go to the fon'ts area and chant the fonts to work for your situation.

save the theme.mskn file close the skin engine.

select all the images and files in the folder execpt the skin engine,

zip them up with the theme mskn file and call it the same name as before then change the .zip back to .wsz and put that file back in to the folder called skins in monkeys program folders.

restart monkey and your fonts should be changed if you had the skin selected the last time you had monkey running.

enjoy.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.