Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

julial49

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.5.2 (2009-07-10)

Post by julial49 »

Thank you Mizery_Made. AP - Auto Playlist *facepalm* I will test this now :)
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Mizery_Made wrote:Looks as if he has an Auto-Playlist set up which only displays files without a PUID (which he stores in Custom 5)
Basically correct, but, a little bit more complicated. I want to:
- Just include music files, ie. exclude Podcasts, Audio Books, etc.
I have all my non-music files in a "\Media\Audio" folder tree, so "Path does not contain 'Media\Audio'".
This tree is also NOT included in my MusicIP library folder scan list.

- Exclude tracks which can not be analyzed by MusicIP (track too short, audio glitches analysis, etc.)
I use Custom4 to flag music files which can not be analyzed or are to be otherwise excluded, so "Custom4 not known"

- Include tracks without PUID
I use Custom5 as target for PUID Generator, so "Custom5 not known"

Note: custom Auto-Playlist requires MM Gold.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Trollheart

Post by Trollheart »

THANK YOU for this script! :)
I have looked far and wide for a program that would sort out my duplicates, but it's not to be found, unbelievably. This did the trick nicely, thank you so much!
TH
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you, Trollheart ! :)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Heartsbane

Post by Heartsbane »

I was really excited about trying out this script and had high hopes for it. My biggest hope was being able to merge play count, last played, and playlist info into the file you are keeping. This is HUGE for me since I maintain playlists like "Billboard Top 100 - 2009" / "Billboard Pop 100 - 2008", etc. There are many songs that appear in multiple playlists, but to keep things easy when creating the playlists I've created multiple copies of the songs and put them into folders for each playlist. Now I want to eliminate the duplicates and keep only 1 file for each song but retain the playlist integrity.

Unfortunately this tool doesn't seem to work for this, or I'm doing something terribly wrong. As a test, I let it find duplicates and I created my Keep/Delete suggestion nodes. I picked 2 songs as a test: "Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats" (#37 Hot Country 2006 / #51 Hot Country 2007) and "Kid Rock - All Summer Long" (#61 Pop 100 2008 / #85 Hot 100 2008). I took note of the play count, last played, and playlist for all 4 files (2 keep / 2 delete). I then selected the delete suggestions, right clicked and selected "Delete Selected and/or Transfer Their Playlist" -- and checked all "Database Values" options (merge PlayHistory, Paste DateAdded, Transfer Playlist Entries). However, once I clicked "OK" I then went to the keep files and checked their play count and playlist values and nothing had changed.

Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong? I would REALLY like to take advantage of this script, but I don't have much confidence that it works (as far a preserving/merging playlist and play history/count data).

P.S. - I'm using version 3.5.2. I've also installed and regular use other scripts/add ons, including PUID Generator (which I store in Custom 1), MusicIP / MusicBrainz taggers, Batch Art Finder, Album Art Tagger, etc. Would any of these possibly be interfering with Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix?
Bex

Post by Bex »

It really should work well. You might need to refresh the view, by changing folder back and forth, to see the changes though. However, I haven't tested the "right click and selected 'Delete Selected and/or Transfer Their Playlist'"-way in quite a while, so I hope nothing has changed in MM in the recent builds, that makes it not to work anymore. But I really don't think so. I'm at work but will test it later tonight.

If there really is a problem, then please try to copy the info "manually" with the "Copy and Paste metadata" option.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

There really is a problem with the"Delete Selected and/or Transfer Their Playlist'"-way. Thanks for the report.
However the Copy/Paste metadata function works perfectly.
I will fix this asap which means tomorrow since I'm busy tonight.

Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.
/Bex

All My Scripts
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

I have a similar requirement but handled it a bit differently.

I only delete duplicate PUIDs. This is because I have extensive single artist collections with distinctly different versions of the same song. I tend to use rating to identify the version I like best.

I use Custom3 to store chart info. e.g. "Country-2006-037; Country-2007-051", "Billboard-2008-085" (I just track Hot 100), etc. This lets me keep all chart info in a single track.

I use search and/or auto-playlist to build specific chart play lists. Just started playing with Magic Nodes and plan to move all these type of playlists to a Charts magic node.

I use discrete copy/paste metadata to merge info instead of keep/delete suggestion nodes.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Heartsbane

Post by Heartsbane »

Thanks for the quick reply Bex! I had already tried different techniques to try and get it to refresh, even closing/opening MM to see if that would show new values but no luck.

However, the manual Copy/Paste Metadata option worked great! I didn't know about this option until you mentioned it. :oops: I like the various options for pasting that you can configure in the "Tools > Options > Library > Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix > Configure AutoActions" settings. I'll have to play with that some more -- not sure I understand (yet) the difference between ListToList, OneToMany, ManyToOne, etc. I like that you can choose what other tags you can choose to copy/paste too (in addition to play history/count & playlist info).

Very nice work - love it! I'm sure I'll like it even more once I figure out how to make it work better for my situation. And thanks again for the quick reply! :D
Bex

Post by Bex »

Heartsbane wrote:not sure I understand (yet) the difference between ListToList, OneToMany, ManyToOne
It's how you want to copy and paste the metadata.
ListToList:
Copy from a set of tracks and Paste to another set of tracks.
List A, track 1 -> List B, track 1
List A, track 2 -> List B, track 2
etc..
OneToMany:
Copy from one track and paste its metadata to many tracks.
ManyToOne:
Copy from many tracks and paste their accumulated metadata to one tracks.

I've located and fixed the bug you reported, it was only present in "Custom Duplicate Search"-Node, but I'm squeezing in some new stuff, so an update will be posted in a couple of days.

/Bex

All My Scripts
DeathAxe

Post by DeathAxe »

Found a little issue with Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.5.2.

Please look here for further info:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 89#p245189
Bex

Post by Bex »

OK, thanks for the report. I've missed to escape double quotes within a MATCH statement, it'll be fixed in the next release.

All My Scripts
ngedwin

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix System Locale Crash

Post by ngedwin »

Hi,

I'm using Vista, originally my system locale is english(when i just installed my computer)
i installed MM and also Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.5.2 and it worked perfectly

however, i need to use some chinese software and thus i have to change my system locale to chinese
and when i open the MM, the following error message comes up

"There was a problem querying the database:
error executing SQL "INSERT INTO Tmpratings VALUES (6,15,10,'?)
" : unrecognized token: "?)
"(1,1)

"Error #-2147418113 - SongsDB.SDBDatabase
Error executing SQL "INSERT INTO TmpRatings VALUES
" : unrecognized token: "?)
"(1,1)
File: "C:\programs Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\AdvancedDuplicateFindFixMM3.vbs", Line: 413, Column: 2

Is there any fix on this?
I haved tried uninstalling and reinstalling the script
the error message will pop up when i try to install

Thanks
Bex

Post by Bex »

All My Scripts
Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.6 (2010-02-28)

Post by Bex »

Script is updated!
Ver 3.6 (2010-02-28)
- Added "Paste Artist to other unselected Persons" in Copy/Paste Metadata
- Added new Filter-functionality in Custom Duplicate Search, It's now possible to find dupes from a set of tracks
- Added "Only display Group Nodes with a TrackCount of X" in Custom Duplicate Search (Idea by DasKraut)
- Added new criteria AlbumTrackCount in "Create Keep/Delete Suggestion Nodes" (Idea by RifRaf)
- Fixed Bug in "Delete Selected and/or transfer their playstat" in Track with same content
- Fixed "Show Select Transfer/Delete Actions"-setting wasn't working
- Fixed Error with fields containing double quotes in Find More From Same
- Changed how Ratings is displayed in the nodes since the previous way didn't work for some locales

"Paste Artist to other unselected Persons", works like this:
To make the new option selectable, you need to check the Artist and leave at least one of Album Artist, Composer, Conductor or Lyricist unchecked. In a typical scenario, you only check the Artist and the new checkbox but leave all the other Person boxes unchecked.
Now when you copy an Artist and then paste it to another track, the following happens:
- The copied Artist gets pasted into the Artist field of the receiving track, no matter what.
- The copied Artist also gets pasted into the Album Artist, Composer, Conductor or Lyricist fields of the receiving track, But only if they are identical as the Artist of the receiving track.
Useful for various "Person" cleaning tasks found in the Tagging Inconsistencies Script.

The other new stuff should be easy enough to get grip of and the new Filter stuff has an Info button which explains how it works.

Note that this version also changes the format of its settings if a previous version is found. The settings are stored in the MediaMonkey.ini file, back it up before you upgrade, since there is no backward compatibility from this version.

Special thanks to Owyn who has helped out testing during the development of the script! :)

Let me know what you think and please report any bugs you find, especially with the new features. They should work fine but haven't been tested extensively.

Download here or from the first post:
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.6
If you're a new user, please read the first post, including the installation instructions.

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts