Zune Support

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

JrVtecAccord

Zune Support

Post by JrVtecAccord »

I am not sure how much longer I can use the zune software. I love the zune player, but the software needs improvement.

Help MM :D
izzy88

yes please provide zune support.. please......

Post by izzy88 »

MM rocks compared to the provided tools.
Riadric

Post by Riadric »

Need Zune support please :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't assume that the Zune will be supported by MediaMonkey before the MediaMonkey 3.0 release. Support itself could be a problem due to the Zune being closed for third party software or it's failure to obtain any sizable amount of market share (sales).
It will be up to the developers, but I assume others will request this as well (please add your support here if you want MediaMonkey to support the Zune).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

I haven't kept up to date with the Zune (so I'm sorry if this is a silly question) - but one query I have is that any tracks purchased through the Zune store would incorporate DRM I imagine... so, does Microsoft intend on allowing third party software players to access this? This is the reason why iTunes store purchased tracks can't be played in anything other than the iTunes software.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Microsoft has come up with the fabulous idea that Zune file format isn't even compatible with the Microsoft PlayForSure format, so I don't think the Zune format will be any more open than the iPod format.
kknostman

Post by kknostman »

I just bought a Zune.... the reason? The screen size.

I'd also love support for it within MM but have to say I'm a bit concerned, as I'm sure Lowlander is, about it's future.

I am beyond dissapointed to find out just how restrictive and insular this device is. I mean wtf you can't even use it as an external usb mass storage device... what is up with that?

I see another Microsoft failure on the horizon soon if they don't open up support on this device. They are making the same poor decisions that Apple did with the original Macs by locking out 3rd party support and trying to lock users out of their own devices. It's really sad to see.

Anyway I also won't complain if MM supports the Zune but I won't hold my breath understanding now what the braniacs at Microsoft appear to think people want in these devices.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The good thing about the Zune being Microsoft is that it can be hacked easily and then it's nice hardware features can be used for good things :evil: .
kknostman

Post by kknostman »

Well I just took mine back :lol:

It just wasn't going to cut it for me. My main reason for buying the device was video playback while travelling (I like to watch movies on the plane). Maybe if someon manages to hack the device, or MS wakes up and fixes it's limitations, I'll get another.

For now I'm moving to an Epson P5000 as I also do photography. It's expensive but wow is it a nice device.

Cheers.
JakeCourtney

Post by JakeCourtney »

I just ordered a Zune and would buy Mediamonkey gold if it supported Zune.

Post by Guest »

Any updates if MM will support the zune, 3.0? I know it will never be able to transfer DRM zune files, but I just want to transfer plain oh MP3 files.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Let Zune use Universal Mass Storage functionality: http://www.zunescene.com/zune-mass-storage-mod/ (just another backdoor by Microsoft; at least they have backdoors)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
jiri

Post by jiri »

We plan to do as much as possible about Sune support, will post any news about the subject...

Jiri
tom8020

Zune Support

Post by tom8020 »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that MM will soon support the Zune. Nice equipment but the Zune software sucks.
Morten

Post by Morten »

I am currently considering buying this device, so I would love support for this as well.
Best regards,
Morten