Manual Reorder of Tracks in Playlist

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

gpzbc

Manual Reorder of Tracks in Playlist

Post by gpzbc »

I have a question that I can't seem to figure out. I am trying to create a specific playlist of a specific occasion. (Think of a mixtape). So I am perusing through my library and adding tracks that fit the occasion to my playlist. Once I have all of the songs in my playlist, I want to go back through and reorder the tracks to achieve a sort of flow. In other words, there will be a certain order that I will want people to listen to my playlist in. (Again, think of a mixtape.)

But I just can't seem to figure out how to manually reorder the tracks in my playlist. I realize that I can put them into the Now Playing node and reorder them, then save that to a playlist. I guess I could make that work that way, but the other way would certainly be helpful to me in the way I do this process. But I would rather be able to manually reorder the tracks in my playlist that I currently have.

Thanks for any tips.
--
The gpzbc
nohitter151

Re: Manual Reorder of Tracks in Playlist

Post by nohitter151 »

Just drag and drop them in the playlist to whatever order you like.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks for the reply. Are saying as I add them to the playlist? Or are you saying I can drag and drop the existing tracks in a playlist. If it is the latter, then I will feel stupid. But I know I have tried that.
--
The gpzbc
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

gpzbc wrote:Thanks for the reply. Are saying as I add them to the playlist? Or are you saying I can drag and drop the existing tracks in a playlist. If it is the latter, then I will feel stupid. But I know I have tried that.
The latter. You can just drag and drop tracks in a playlist to rearrange them. (does not work for auto-playlists)

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Ah yes! I now see what the problem was. You can only drag and drop (reorder) the tracks within a playlist if you are in the "Details"view. It does not work while in the "Album Art with Details" view.

So I'm all set now. And hopefully someone else might find this thread useful. Thanks Nohitter!
--
The gpzbc
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

gpzbc wrote:Ah yes! I now see what the problem was. You can only drag and drop (reorder) the tracks within a playlist if you are in the "Details"view. It does not work while in the "Album Art with Details" view.

So I'm all set now. And hopefully someone else might find this thread useful. Thanks Nohitter!
Sorry, forgot to mention that! BTW, I've reported that problem, hopefully it can be resolved in a future release:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5551

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

That would be great. Thanks!
--
The gpzbc